“Same place New Name”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Menu seems like it has lots of options, but the group of four we had with us, the food was pretty much just average. There are better options in the neighborhood. "Jakes" just down the street has pretty much the same menu but does it better. I would say that Lucky's 13 pub is a step down from what used to be in the location. The interior is nice and the bar looked good, but the food was just very average.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went to Lucky's 13 Pub for the first time. It was a delight. The decor is warm and inviting, in a pub style. It was 3 friends meeting for a late lunch. One of my friends is a regular there and had suggested it. We all totally enjoyed our food. Full menu, with soups, salad, sandwiches, entrees. I ordered a burger with cheese and barbeque sauce. It was wonderful, cooked just right and juicy. Several choices are available as to the accompaniment with a sandwich - fries, onion rings, fruit, cottage cheese, etc. We all were so full with our main meal that we skipped dessert. Just the aroma outside the restaurant, as you come in, will make you hungry. The service was great, staff friendly. Atmosphere is comfortable and warm. The cost was in line with a sit-down, moderate level restaurant. All in all, a really good experience. I'd go again and recommend.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went there for dinner and made it before happy hour closed. We had appetizers for dinner - I think it was $3 off each appetizer, with some deal on beer too.
I had the nachos - actually a half order which was still very large. The waitress correctly brought the half order when I ordered it without knowing how really, really large the full order would have been. Good job on her part.
The others in my party of 4 ordered the fish and chips appetizer and were very happy with it. The nachos were actually quite disappointing. Came with a side dish of cheese-wiz and salsa. I wouldn't order it again - nothing all that great about it.
Waitress did a very good job right up until the end, when she disappeared. We perhaps stayed longer than normal, enjoying the conversation - so maybe she was just leaving us be. No problem really.
Appeared to be a nice patio area. They did not take reservations on a Friday night. Place was very busy.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just had breakfast at Lucky's and what started as a poor meal turned into a redeeming experience. I ordered the chilaquiles (not recommended) and received a big plate of soggy tortilla chips topped with eggs, cheese and meat. Christine (manager) was walking the floor topping off beverages and making the cursory "how's your meal tasting?" inquiry. Don't you hate how, in many restaurants, managers ask this question as if taken from a script, not caring how you really feel about the meal? Well, when Christine stopped at my table she sensed that all was not well in the satisfaction department. I was ready to go, pay the bill, and chalk up the experience as a poor choice but Christine probed further asking what was wrong and what she could do to to make it better? Could she bring me a new dish? I was still hungry, since I didn't eat the chilaquiles, so I asked for two pancakes. She came back with three pancakes and a side of bacon, ham, and sausage (she must have thought I was really hungry! I will point out that she handled this transaction herself, she didn't pass it off to my server or other wait staff. She wanted to make sure I was happy. The pancakes were delicious, with a thin crisp crust and a soft fluffy interior. The ham was meaty, the bacon thick cut and smokey, and the sausage patty lean. I was happy and very full. I asked for my bill and my server told me the manager had taken care of it. She comped two dishes and my beverages. I am the type of person who prefers not to pay a bad meal but feel it only fair to pay for a good one so i argued that I should pay. Both the server and Christine would not take my money. Christine commented "It's what we do here, just come back." i will be back with my family and friends.

The restaurant an open design with booths and tables ringing a large bar hung with large TV's. It's a pub with a casual family friendly environment. My first visit to Lucky's was for happy hour and it offers good drink and food discounts. The house draft brew is good and the riblets (not to be confused with McD's) are tasty. The menu is extensive with several dishes I look forward to trying in the future.

2  Thank frozencalbear
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The menu selection at Lucky 13 will have your head spinning. This is great for dining with picky eaters or large parties. The food is above average and the portions are generous. It's nice to have a new place in Plymouth that's reasonably priced and family friendly. The atmosphere is very much sports bar like and they serve popcorn while you wait. The burgers were excellent and the salads are huge. In addition to the great menu selection the service is also very good.

2  Thank Abbyspot

Been to Lucky's 13 Pub? Share your experiences!