“Older but nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Wisconsin
“Older but nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

The staff was very pleasant. The hotel is getting a facelift on the outside but really didn't affect my stay in any negative way. The room I was in was older but clean. The breakfast area was nice and they had a good selection. I did hear noise in the halls quite a bit but it was one long (very long) hallway so many people were passing my room (I was by a door) so I turned the fan on the "constant on" cycle and that helped with the noise. It in a good location and I would stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Drew L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and especially happy to hear that you will be back. We are finishing the exterior renovation and we think it really looks great. Thanks again and I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to this area.

Drew Lynch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

The most important thing to me when choosing a hotel is cleanliness and this hotel passes just fine. Bed is comfortable and room quiet. Staff is friendly. I had a couple incidents of coffee not made in front lobby which is not major but I do enjoy having my coffee.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Drew L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness and service of the hotel. We will work on the coffee. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Lansing, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and over all have been very satisfied. The renovations to the outside look very nice and did not adversly effect my stay. This past stay was decent but my room had a musty smell and the AC was really noisy.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Drew L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you have become a loyal customer and also happy to hear that you like the changes we have made to the exterior. We are happy to announce that the interior renovation will begin in the next few months and a full remodel of the rooms and bathrooms will be done. We have scheduled to replace quite a few of the AC units as well. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Kenosha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Having a great group of women friends who all knit, we have done many day-long yarn crawls closer to home. Since 3 of us turn 50 in September, I dragged 10 of them up to Mpls to visit MY favorite places. We used the CI&S as our HQ as it was centrally located to what I had plan for the group. The staff (especially Sarah) was fabulous and made sure we had cookies at all times and we were able to enjoy a nice August Minnesota evening sitting outside by the fire pit. Our trip was fabulous!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I believe your group was the first to be able to use the outside fire pit and I am happy to hear it was a success. Sarah really appreciated that you mentioned her and her service. From all of us here, we were happy to be your headquarters this year and would be happy to play host again in the future.

Thanks

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Third time staying here on business - room is clean and comfortable - usually quiet - easy to get to and plenty of close by restaurants - they have just re-done the exterior and the entry is now covered (nice in the rain). Breakfast is included and is more than adequate - not just a continental breakfast - and the coffee is good. Included internet access can be slow sometimes but usually adequate for email / web browsing etc.

Stayed August 2014
Drew L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you are happy about the renovations. We are excited about the addition of the covered entrance. That you for mentioning the breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed the coffee. I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area.

Thanks,

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a wonderful experience here Saturday night. My husband and two kids stayed and we had plenty of space in the room since there was the bedroom for us and the pullout couch in the living room for the kids. There were many guests at the hotel but the room was extremely quiet and the bed was amazingly comfortable. There are two smaller-ish sized pools and two hot tubs. Breakfast was excellent with a lot of variety. All of the employees were friendly and helpful. There are many restaurants close by. As another reviewer noted, only Grizzly's is attached to the hotel, you'll need to get in the car and drive to the rest.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am happy to hear that the room was perfect for your family over the weekend. It is nice to have that extra space. Having the two pools is great and helps keep the pool areas from getting to overcrowded. I hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Orange City, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We decided to book Country Inn and Suites due to the area. A benefit was the free parking and free breakfast. The price was a little high. When entering the room, we were both immediately disappointed. The bed had lumps, stuffing was coming out of the bedspread. dust cover was partially laying on the floor. The room looked very tired and worn, not what we expected at all. We switched rooms, but it was only sightly better. Disappointed!!! Floors in entry / hallways dirty. Poor housekeeping and bedding / mattresses!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry that the hotel did not met your standards and the standards we have become accustomed to. I am happy to announce that the next phase of our renovation will include a complete interior renovation. We will be changing out carpet and paint in all common areas and we will be changing the bedding package. We look forward to getting rid of the heavy duvets and going to a much cleaner look.
Thank you for your review and I hope to get another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel can be.

Drew Lynch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!