Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Minnesota
“upgrade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

On Feb 15th we enjoyed our first stay. Located 210 Carlson Parkway N. Off of 494 and 55 in
Plymouth, mn. We were welcomed warmly by the staff and offered cookies.
The hotel is smoke free, has a 3 key green rating. They donate soap products to the underprivileged. There is free high speed internet, week day newspapers and bottled water.
The breakfast is an extended buffet and is very well attended by the staff. They use real glass
dishes and silverware. It was our first stay and won't be our last. We visit the area every few months . We have stayed at a nearby inn many times and this was a very nice upgrade without
A rise in price.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and it was very quiet. They have an elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CISPLYH, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for such a great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your first stay with us, and even more pleased that it will not be your last. The staff takes great pride in their service and always enjoy reading recognition such as yours.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and to mention the various touch points detailed in the review. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the Twin Cities.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Country Inn in Plymouth. The staff was friendly and helpful, the property was attractive, clean and fresh-looking, and the room comfortable, quiet and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Wifi worked consistently.

The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of items including eggs, fruit, yogurt, pastries, oatmeal and waffles. The lobby was pleasant and the fitness room small but adequate. I would recommend to anyone needing to stay in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CISPLYH, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are pleased that your accommodations worked so well. When visiting our area in the future, we hope to see you again.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while visiting family in the area. The rooms are large and clean. They include a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, etc. You can't beat the price (we booked through Expedia). Check in was easy and efficient. My only complaint is the way the room was cleaned after the first night. Not to be misunderstood, everything was clean but just "thrown together". The bed looked like they had just pulled the sheets and comforter up and restacked the pillows. The clean towels in the bathroom looked as if they had been hastily thrown on the rack. In other words, whoever cleaned the room was in a very big hurry.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us compliment for jobs well done and reflect on items that can be improved.
We certainly want your complete experience to be a positive one. I have discussed with the Housekeeping Mgr. your concerns and they were addressed with staff.
When your travels bring you back to the cities in the future, we hope you visit us again.
Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I'm terribly disappointed with this hotel. We stayed for five nights while visiting family over Christmas. We prepaid for the room through Travelocity and when we checked in they asked to swipe a credit card for "incidentals", which I didn't quite understand because the breakfast is free and they don't have any other meals available. When we checked out we were told that we owed nothing and that the credit card swipe would be closed out.

Two days after we returned I noticed 6 or 7 new charges on my credit card totaling more than $800 that I couldn't identify. I immediately called the bank which determined the charges originated from the hotel. They cancelled my card and launched a fraud investigation. I tried to contact the hotel manager but was only able to leave a voicemail message. He never returned my call. The next day all of the charges were cancelled or refunded to my account except one for over three hundred dollars. It's now almost a week since we checked out and the manager has neither called nor refunded all of the fraudulent charges. This has been a major hassle for us. Perhaps it was an honest mistake but the fact they they are dragging their feet in getting it resolved and that they never called to explain or apologize makes me seriously question the integrity of the management.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank DRFCO
CISPLYH, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
The staff apologizes for any inconvenience you experienced. We are sorry that there appears to have been an issue with the credit card processing. We are looking at further improvements to our processes and procedures going forward. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were very impressed by this hotel. It was clean, quiet, easy to access of the highway. We booked it on Expedia and got a great deal. The room was very big, included a microwave, and small fridge. The beds were queen size, bedding was warm, lots of comfy pillows. There is lots of room in the bathroom too. I like that this hotel was very clean and SMOKE FREE! The on site restaurant was very good too!!! The free breakfast was excellent! A very good selection of hot food. We will definitely book and come back to this property!!! Awesome!

Room Tip: 2 queen rooms are a good value
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for you kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the value as well as our hospitality. We will look forward to having you visit us again.

Jackson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We stay here every year at least once or twice. This hotel is in a great location. It is well kept and has all the amenities that you need. The breakfast is perfect.
Great property, great people managing, and a great housekeeping staff. Keep up the good work and people will keep coming to your hotel. Not rocket science.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We appreciate your patronage and will look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the cities.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've been staying here every few weeks for business travel and LOVE the accommodations. I always get the 1 bedroom suite with King bed on the TOP floor and have always been exceptionally pleased with the property.

The rooms are spacious. The bathroom has a HUGE counter top for all your vanity needs. Each room has a small coffee pot, fridge, microwave, and small sink. There are 2 flat screen tv's in the suites which is AWESOME. My room has always been clean and I've never had any problems with them. The fresh baked cookies and coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day is a huge plus. Having Woody's connected to the hotel is really nice because you don't have to walk outside to get some grub and the newly renovated Woody's is very very good! Parking is abundant and not too far from the front door. The welcoming lobby with fireplace is very homey.

The free breakfast is the BEST i've ever seen. Hot food, fresh waffles, fruit, boiled egg, oatmeal, cereal, french toast, etc. It's a wide selection and is always good. My only gripe is sometimes the sunny side up eggs would be like rubber. But aside from that, it's a damn good breakfast spread.

Cons: be aware that some rooms have a hardline LAN connection and some don't. They are trying to go completely wireless but some rooms that are in corners or near the elevator that feel like "caves" have really crappy wireless connection.

The property has really thin ceilings and floors. I NEVER stay on the lower floors, always the 3rd for this reason. It always sounds like a herd of elephants are walking around above you.

I wish they had a clock in the living room area of the suite. The only clock in the room is the bedside clock which is just a basic alarm clock. I use my phone as my alarm.

There is a small fitness center available for use. There are only two treadmills, one elliptical, one bike, and a all in one weight machine. It's small but sufficient. It can get busy so I didn't use it more than twice in all my stays here since September.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this property and don't want to stay anywhere else. For all my travel, I look for Country Inn now. If only there was one in Hawaii.

Room Tip: 3rd floor for more quiet and better wireless connectivity. Close to the elevator so you're near...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CISPLYH, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be very helpful to others as they make the right travel accommodations.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Sharon Friedli-Welter Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!