“Good value for money, friendly staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Paris, France
“Good value for money, friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a week on business and like the in room amenities. On the down side, the desk and chair are not really suited to working. The room was dark, even with all the lights on - and did smell a bit musty. Good choices at breakfast. Overall positive experience at this basic motel. I would avoid the restaurant next door unless you have no choice.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CISPLYH, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I have shared with my staff your appreciation as we take pride in our service.
Regarding our areas mentioned which could be improved; we look forward to renovations in the coming year.

Sharon Friedli-Welter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was our first time we stayed at a Country Inn & Suites and it was a positive experience. The desk clerks and manager were very friendly and helpful. The amenities were great. We arrived at 1:30 a.m. after a late flight and were pleasantly surprised that the breakfast area was open. We were able to put enough food together for a meal. The rooms are nice with a real door between the bedroom and living room area. There is also a nice little kitchenette with a frig, microwave and sink. The bathroom had a long enough counter so that toiletries could actually be unpacked. The only drawback was the room was a little outdated but a Residence Inn would have been at least $75 more a night so that was a trade off we were willing to make. We stayed a total of 9 nights and even received a nice email from the manager Sharon when we returned home. We will definitely stay there again in the future!
I wish I could say the same about the Country Inn & Suites in Clive, IA. Please read our review and beware of Clive!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third room so the traffic noise is subdued! It also helped that we ran the fa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank eegick1991
Heidi O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to right a review. I am thrilled that you had such a nice time at the hotel. I have shared your comments with our front desk team as well as with Sharon. We hope you will come back often! Thanks Again!

All the best,

Heidi Olson
Regional General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Up until our final few moments of our stay everything was fine. On our way down to the lobby to checkout we got stuck in the elevator, a very warm elevator I may add. We were only stuck for about 20 minutes but it seemed to be alot longer.

After things were fixed with the elevator and we got to the lobby the staff that helped get the elevator working again just walked away, did not ask us how we were doing or apologize for the mishap. Trust me I was not looking to get compensated for getting stuck in the elevator, but a simple " Sorry" or a staff member just asking us how we were doing was all I was looking for.

While checking out nothing was mentioned to us about getting stuck in the elevator by the staff member checking us out.At that point I just dropped the issue and left.

Up until getting stuck in the elevator everything about our stay was average, the rooms are average, the breakfast was average, nothing really jumped out at us about this place. I could not find the business center, I don't think they have one, they do have two computers in the lobby but you have to stand to use them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gosox35805
CISPLYH, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us know areas that need improvement. I can not apologize enough for having been stuck in our elevator. These situations are rare and when they happen can be very stressful. I will speak to those involved and convey your feelings how they reacted or didn't react. As you had enjoyed your stay up until that point, to have this be your last impression, I am truly sorry.

Sharon Friedli-Welter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Country Inn and Suites in Plymouth is a great choice if you have friends or business in the area. It's about 8 miles from downtown Minneapolis, so if you're wanting to do any site-seeing, I suggest you stay elsewhere.

The staff of this property that I encountered were all really friendly and made you feel welcome. The rooms were clean and spacious and my room had a microwave and mini-fridge.

Pros:
- Great Staff
- Spacious Rooms
- Quiet Location
- In room microwave and refrigerator
- Two Pools
- Nice restaurant next door with outdoor patio

Negatives:
- Far away from the action
- I've had a better shower experience with other brands; cheap shower head

If I had to come back to Plymouth, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor in room 332. It was a nice room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for complimenting my great staff. They truly enjoy knowing that they made a good impression.
I will look into your shower head as I have not encountered this with our current model.
Our location is central for many areas in the Twin Cities, Lakes and Shopping. I'm sorry that we were a little distant for you visit, but hope that you visit us again someday in the future.
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was in the cities for a 6 day stay. I chose this hotel for the price and location which included a King room, mocrowave, fridge, and breakfast. I really enjoy Country Inn and Suites. I asked for a quiet room and was on the third floor with a lovely view of a nature area and enjoyed birds that sang and sang. The staff were very helpful. There is is a bar/restaurant attached that was very good as well. Location is right off of Carlson Parkway so you are close to everything. Perfect for me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed both the accommodations as well and the songs of our local birds. When you visit the area again in the future, we hope you make us your home away from home.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very nice hotel. We liked that they had two pools so if one was busy we walked to the other. We had a 1 bedroom suite. It was very nice. We loved that it was on the main level as we had to young children with us. Also we liked that the room had two TV's which was hand when the kids wer napping. The free breakfast was good although it didn't have as many options as the Brooklyn Centre location. We also went for the free cookies a couple of times but there were always gone. We also used the WIFi which we found to be very slow. Over all it was good and we will stay at this chain again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CISPLYH, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations. In regard to the breakfast, we do offer many items daily and rotate key offerings throughout the week. I apologize if we did not have an item you had enjoyed at our sister property on the day of your visit. Thank you also for bringing to my attention that you were not able to enjoy the fresh baked cookies on your last visit. Cookies are baked throughout the day and are extremely popular. We will work monitoring our amounts during times when the cookies are enjoyed more.

We hope you visit us again in the future,
Sharon
Onalaska, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and were able to accomodate us when we decided to stay a second night. The morning breakfast was also very good with a huge variety! Only 10 minutes from the public boat landings for lake Minnetonka!

Stayed July 2012
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to see that we could accomodate your second nice and I will be sure to share your review with staff who enjoy hearing about a job well done.
Sharon Friedli-Welter Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
No photo provided
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!