“Perfect for a wedding weekend!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Clontarf, MN
“Perfect for a wedding weekend!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We obtained a studio room to allow more room for people coming and going throughout the weekend and room for the bride to have her hair done for the wedding. We found the studio room to be very spacious with two chairs, a couch and end tables along with a dining table. It was very spacious where nobody was in each other's way in getting ready for our daughter's wedding. We found the room to be very clean plus the beds were very nice with a pillow top type of mattress. It was a very humid weekend so we appreciated the fact that this hotel provides free bottled water for their guests. The breakfast was fantastic with a variety to pick from including french toast, sausage, omelets, eggs, all kinds of breads, juice, yogurt, waffles, pancakes and biscuits with gravy just to mention a few. Thanks for a great stay, Country Inn and Suites! It made the wedding weekend even more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jestuen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Clean, confortable and nice people working there. It is perfect to stay for business or/and leisure.

And for sure nice cookies! :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2011

This hotel was selected for me by my client on for a recent business trip. The check in process was quick and friendly and in the afternoons there are cookies at the front desk.

My room (two queen beds) had a little wear and tear on it (the bathroom door had a hole in it, for example). The bathrrom furnishings were economy-class by today's standards - cultured marble sink and a one-piece fiberglass tub insert. It was all functional, however. The room had a small fridge and microwave and the beds were comfortable. The TV was a tube-type with a malfunctioning remote and had about 40 or so channels. Showtime is the premium channel rather than the more common HBO. The wireless internet was pretty fast during non-peak times but slowed to a crawl during the evenings.

The breakfast was pretty standard free-buffet fare with heat-n-eat eggs, potatoes and bacon. There was a make-it-yourself waffle station as well. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel (Woodys) and I did not find much else in reasonable dining in the immediate area.

If you can get this hotel at a low price and you need to be in the area, it is probably an OK choice. I wouldn't seek it out, however.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed November 2, 2010

My family was meeting another family in the Twin Cities and had booked rooms at another hotel before finding out the other hotel didn't have a pool. Had to have that for my kids. So I found this hotel with a last minute deal of 25% off. We booked a 1 bedroom suite and were offered a huge 1 bedroom suite with a dining room table. We went ahead and took that for only $14 more per night.
When we checked in and got into our room we turned on the heater and it smelled like a burning smell and the alarms went off. We went down to the front desk and they got us into a different room. Same type, but only had a tiny fridge unlike the large fridge and freezer the other room had. At checkout I had to ask for a small price adjustment for the trouble. I would have liked that offered, but thankful it was given.

The room was nice, bed was comfortable. The table was a little worn, but sufficient. My other complaint was tube tv's. I can't believe a hotel a couple blocks from it's corporate office would still not have flat panel tvs.
Breakfast was great, lots of selection. Real bakery donuts, not prepackaged. Waffles, eggs, sausage.
The hotel had two pools! both were smaller, but I didn't have to worry about my kids being too loud because other people could use the other pool.
Easy access from I-494 @ Carlson pkwy.
If they upgrade to flat screen tvs, I will definetely be coming back here next time I'm in the Twin Cities.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank IowaVikingsFan
Plymouth
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Welcoming and wonderful cusomer service
The room was nice, although heard some people late into the night
Location was great
Enjoyed the breakfasat

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Newbury Park, California
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Never stay here, I beg of you all! Most horrible hotel experience in my life. Poor quality (more expensive than the way nicer hotel we switched to) and the worst part was that the crib we were given for my daughter wasn't assembled correctly and it collapsed on her!!!!!!! The wood base and metal pinned her down and could have strangled her. Luckily my dad and I got her out in time, but she was screaming, it was so traumatic for everyone. AND THEN, I can not believe this, the manager told me that he could only comp our room IF we signed a legal release!!!!! What an AWFUL business, with horrendous customer service. That is a complete lie! The Westin (WAY nicer) comped our room once when we had 5 ants in it, they were so apologetic (and we didn't even mind the ants, we were just letting them know about them...) I travel every month, and our 9 month old has stayed in countless hotels in 11 states, and nothing like this has ever happened. This hotel was ugly, and in a poor location. We switched to the much nicer/better location Maple Grove Hilton Garden Inn, which was $30 cheaper, and in an area you could walk to food, etc. I am so angry that we ever stayed in the Country Inn and Suites and will tell everyone we know never to give them business.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank caseymoe
cisplymouth, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Casey,
On behalf of the hotel, I’d like to once again express our apologies for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in serving and addressing the needs of our guests and thought that we had satisfactorily resolved your concerns before you departed. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy. Please feel free to contact me at 763-473-3008 if you would like to discuss further.
Keith
Wasagaming, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We enjoyed this location. Great hotel staff, wonderful, clean room, and good, warm food. Never heard a sound.

It's far enough out of downtown to be nice and quiet, but close enough to into the cities without a hassle.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!