“Quiet, comfortable room at a good price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth

Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Bridgnorth, England, United Kingdom
“Quiet, comfortable room at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I spent three weeks in a "fireplace suite," which was comprised of a bedroom, shower room / toilet, living room, and kitchen area situated in the corner of the building -- and a fireplace, of course. The room was very clean, comfortable, and very quiet -- any noise from other guests was quite rare.

I slept incredibly well thanks to the very comfortable (king-sized) bed, room-darkening blinds, adjustable air conditioning, and very quiet room.

The coin-operated laundry room had four or five washers and the same number of dryers, and these worked perfectly, drying my large load of clothes in one 45-minute cycle. This made laundry day quite painless.

Though I didn't cook anything during my stay, the kitchen had everything I would have needed -- table service for four, pots, pans, coffee maker, a large fridge/freezer, microwave, and full oven/stove. If I had to live here for months, it would have everything I'd need.

My only complaint is that the housekeeping service was inconsistent. Most days I hung the "all set for today" sign on my door, but each time I did request service they missed at least one thing: The first time they didn't leave any coffee packets; the second time they took my dish towel and rag without replacing them; the third time they didn't empty the (very full) garbage under the sink; and the fourth time they didn't leave coffee or a dish rag.

Having said that, when I phoned the front desk to ask for coffee, they were happy to send up a few packets and did so immediately.

Overall, I was very happy with my stay, and I look forward to coming back.

Green Features: They will only replace towels if you want them to -- hanging up my towels signaled to Housekeeping that I was happy to continue using them.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dave R
CarolynMurphy, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, August 31, 2016
Dear Dave R,

I apologize for the late response! I am in the process of going through some of our older reviews and have noticed a few really great reviews that had not been responded to, including yours. Although I was not at the property during your stay, I do want to thank you for the great an in-depth feedback. I know that our travelers value reviews like yours as they help them envision what their stay might be like as well as some of the amenities that they may find helpful during their stay.

Thank you again for sharing your experience! We hope that we will get to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

cmurphy@cscmorp.net
763-367-3151

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Very nice room almost a small apartment. All new clean and well lit. Workout room had very good equipment. Restaurants close by. Breakfast was good in the morning. Friendly staff and very helpful with questions. Great business hotel. Would be nice to have beer / wine in house.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Camarillodan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I realize that I am responding to you late, but I was going through some of our older reviews and noticed that no one on our team had thanked you for your review. Please know that we value your feedback as well as many of our future guests that get a better sense of our hotel and some of its qualities and amenities prior to their arrival.

Thank you again! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

It was a quick trip to the cities and a reasonable room on priceline for $55 the staff was so friendly, the man who took us to the MOA was very nice and friendly they offer complimentary shuttles to MOA. Our room was very clean and so modern loved the little apt. style set up was very impressed. They do serve complimentary suppers during the week we did not get we stayed Sun. to Mon. The breakfast was very good plenty of space in the dining area. Also a very nice courtyard you could grill and sit out on unfortunately it was to cool to sit out there! All in all really liked this property. The bathroom where toilet is very small only downfall! Would stay there again!! Oh bed was very comfy too!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HRST210,

I was reading through some of our older reviews and noticed that no one responded to yours. I do want to apologize for that, but I also noticed that you may have reviewed the wrong hotel as we do not offer shuttle service to the Mall of America. The Residence Inn Bloomington does, so I am thinking that you may have stayed there. It is also lovely hotel as well. Regardless, I just want to make sure that anyone reading this review did not get the wrong idea about our shuttle services.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We appreciate it!

midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I will most definitely come back to this hotel the next time I am in the Minneapolis, Plymouth, and Golden Valley area. It is 15-20 minutes outside of the city and about 10 minutes from the Mall of America. Driving to the city during rush hour as with any other city can be a pain. There is a short walk to Caribou Coffee, McDonalds, Solo’s Pizza Café, Starbucks, Red Robin and a Gas Station. One of the coolest things about the hotel is the green space. I found the most wonderful wooded path. You just head east on Campus Drive and stay on the sidewalk, pass Northwest Blvd about 2 blocks to Vision Glory Lutheran Church (path is across the street) or you can cut through the parking lot of Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) at the corner of Campus Drive/Northwest Blvd. If you go that route you do have to walk through the grass but it is a much quicker route and more time spent enjoying the wooded trail. When we arrived on a Wednesday evening they had a free BBQ including beer. What a welcome surprise. Staff was very friendly especially the cleaning staff. We brought our dog and every morning I asked the cleaning lady if she could avoid cleaning our room due to our dog and asked for extra towels and garbage bags. She went out of her way to provide me with everything I needed. To be honest even with the dog in our room it did not need a cleaning it was so spotless upon arrival. Breakfast was good and the kids enjoyed the pool area. This hotel had a really nice courtyard in between the pool area and the entrance with a nice coy pond, tables, dining and Adirondack chairs. We spent the afternoon and early evening of July 4 relaxing and eating pizza in the courtyard while the kids played in the pool. Another couple was sharing a bottle of wine. They also offered free hot cocoa in the main area near the computers. My kids really enjoyed that. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Staff, location and everything else were great! And did I mention there is a hospital down the block. Thank goodness we did not need it but glad it was so close!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Midwest 4,

I was reading through some of our older reviews and noticed that no on our team thanked you taking the time to write such and amazing and detailed review of our property. You have provided so much helpful information that really gives our potential guests get a better sense of what their experience will be like at our hotel. I wanted to make sure that we thanked you - even if we were a little bit late doing so . :)

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We hope that you will come back and visit us soon!

Oakton, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is 20 mins outside Minneapolis in the suburb of Plymouth. You'd think sleepy little location. No, it's not. I've slept better in NYC. There is a hospital up the road so siren noise and goodness knows what else that causes the amount of traffic and trucks grinding gears at the corner this hotel is located on all hours of the night and early morning. Our BR faced the street - 3rd floor - and I was awoken numerous times the 5 nights we were there. The GOOD - The amount of space you get is great, bedding was comfortable, except for the cheap pillows. Kitchen and bath areas were clean and the toiletries provided were good quality. The common sitting area - inside and out - were great, and the breakfast was tasty and good quality. We were there on Wed night and they also provided a dinner that was very tasty - grilled burgers and dogs. On the morning that we had to leave before the hot breakfast was available they nicely made a continental breakfast available. Pool looked nice - but I did not use. Gym area is very good - could use some 12 lb and 3 lb weights for the ladies - but plenty of aerobic machines. All staff were friendly and helpful. So bring ear plugs and you're good!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kathy I
Dear Kathy1,

I was reading through some of our older reviews and came across yours and wanted to apologize for not having responded to you earlier. We do thank you for providing your feedback about your experience at our hotel. I do apologize that you did experience some noise disruptions during your stay, including an ambulance siren. we are located near West Health Specialty Center, which predominantly offers specialty care. Although rare, I do know that there is an occasional siren, which I know can be very disruptive when you are trying to relax. We apologize that you experienced this when staying at our hotel.

If you do find yourself in the Plymouth area, we hope that you will consider is again, we do have various room locations and would be happy to accommodate a request in an alternate location.

Thank you again for your review!

Carolyn Murphy
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The rooms were spacious and had the conveniences of almost a full kitchen. The fitness room was a good size and I had the place to myself. There was even a great courtyard with a fish pond. We needed to depart before the breakfast bar was open, so the staff invited us to serve ourselves early, before it was officially open. We really appreciated this. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelling_Zoomer
Dear Travelling_Zoomer,

I apologize for the late response, but I was reading through some of our older reviews, and although I was not here at the time of your stay, I did want to thank you for sharing your feedback and let know how much we appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I know that our guests appreciate insight like yours as it helps them to make lodging decisions as well as helps them prepare for their future stays.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback! we appreciate it!

Ephraim, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very nice hotel. It's a short ride into Minneapolis. The price was so much better than a downtown hotel. Good breakfast with attentive staff and evening receptions Monday - Wednesday which served a hearty dinner. The cookies were also a nice touch. The bed was comfortable and the housekeeping staff kept the room immaculate. From check-in to check out, I felt comfortable and right at home!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dawn V,

I was reading through some of our older reviews and wanted to apologize that no one from our property responded to yours, especially because it was so helpful. Thank you for mentioning how convenient we are to Downtown Minneapolis. Not everyone knows that. Plymouth really is great alternative to Downtown -not only in price, but also in convenience. Parking and maneuvering is much easier over here as well as getting back on the road the next day.

Thank you again for your review! We appreciate it!

Carolyn Murphy -General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth? Share your experiences!