“A Reservation Does Not Gurantee a Room”

Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My work colleague and I had booked 2 rooms roughly a month prior to a business trip. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that they did not have rooms and they had booked us in separate hotels miles apart and were quite proud of having done so. The reason we did not have rooms is that someone had overstayed their booking. I found this totally unacceptable and told them we were going out to lunch and expected to be booked at the same hotel by the time we got back and it had better be a Marriot or Hilton property. When we got back they had booked us into a Towne Place Suites (from what I can tell the bottom of the Marriott chain) which was absolutely horrible. In the past when a hotel did not honor a reservation they had booked us into another hotel at no charge. Not these folks. What terrible customer service. The other thing I remember is that the location is basically in the parking lot of a small strip mall. Even though this is a half mile from the office I will stay at the Doubletree 5 miles away. I would never trust these people again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Mr.V,
I am so sorry for your recent experience with our hotel. By no means do we set out to oversell our hotel and have to relocate customers to different Marriott locations. Unfortunately we had a group here from Ireland that has been with us 2 months, and last minute, extended another month with us. This did cause us to be in an oversold situation for your stay. We did do our best to contact you by phone and email early that morning to make you aware of our situation. When you did try to check in prior to lunch, we did offer you and your colleague the option to share our two bedroom suite (two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a mutual living space. Each bedroom was private with its own bathroom, TV, telephone and sleeping accommodations). I know that this was a concern for you, and you communicated with us that wouldn't be an option and wanted another Marriott hotel with 2 rooms. The closest Marriott with availability to us was the Towne Place Suites in St. Louis Park.

I know that Jes was the manager that you spoke to while you were here. She did make the accommodations for you at the other location, and your rate was reduced due to the inconvenience of this group extended at our hotel.

We do our best to make you aware of the situation and provide great customer service. I am sorry that you felt we didn't have that for you.

Our hotel does share a parking lot with a small mall. The same management company that owns us manages the tenants in that complex. They do a great job of choosing companies that would be a benefit to our customers of the hotel. Caribou Coffee, FedEx, Subway, Caribou Coffee, Christopher J Salon, Boegger Dental and Orange Theory fitness. We have had many customers tell us how much they appreciate having places within walking distance of the hotel.

I am sorry that you won't be able to trust us again. We work very hard to take care of all of our customers, and that is why we tried so hard to contact you hours in advance of your arrival.

I appreciate your feedback, and sincerely apologize that you were involved in this situation.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks while in Golden Valley on business. The staff is kind, room was always clean. I asked for a frying pan my first night to cook with since my room only had pots...one was brought up to me right away. Gym had the basic equipment but still much more than I was used to seeing in a hotel. Having a breakfast available every morning is extremely helpful. Thanks to my stay here, when I travel on business, I look for a Residence Inn

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I am so glad to hear that you had such a great productive stay while you were here with us. It is important to stay on track, and cooking in your room definitely helps. Our breakfast has a large variety on the buffet, and gives you the option of a quick on the go breakfast, or sit down full hot breakfast with fresh scrambled eggs, or make your own waffles.

The gym is a place that many of our guests like yourself appreciate. Each piece of equipment has a personal TV on it, so it doesn't make working out so bad after all.

Thank you for staying with us! Safe travels!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Although this property is not located in the city center, it was still close enough for me to get into the city with no problem. The parking here is free and the rooms are very spacious and tidy. The staff did a great job of cleaning things up for me as I had 3 people in 1 suite. There is also a laundry area inside the hotel (you have to pay) where you can wash any soiled clothes. The pool is small but adequate. Overall, I had a great experience, the price of the room was good, and I would not hesitate to come back again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to let others know how great your stay was with us. We do try hard to make every guest experience with us a great one.

Our saline pool gets used very often, especially now that our great weather is starting to get cooler. We like to make sure that your "home away from home" gives you many things to do and relax while you are here. Even if it is using our coin operated laundry room.

We look forward to having you back with us again!

Stay Warm,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Firstly, rooms top rate. Large spacious. Also the amenities are very good as are the staff.
Only minor criticisms:
Breakfast, basic and repetitive if you stay there for more than three days. Good though.
They do a nice evening cooked snack/meal free of charge. But only the Monday Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It was not available Thursday when I needed it. However there are several good cheap restaurants close by at 5 minutes walk.
If you are a light sleeper make sure you turn off the air temperature control at night. Can be noisy when it switches on at 3 am .
Overall, 9/10. Would stay there again as felt "much more at liberty" in my room with kitchen, unlike normal hotels

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room. Mine was excellent on the top floor. Only issue was the airconditioning which yo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel when in the Plymouth Area. We take pride in our customer service and the amentities & cleanliness that our hotel has to offer.

We do follow the Marriott standards for our hot breakfast. We do have many items that are served daily as well as rotational items each day. Was there something more specific that you were wanting to see on our complimentary breakfast buffet that we did not have?

Each of our suites does have their own a/c and heating unit that is controlled by each guest. I do apologize that your unit may have seemed noisey when you were trying to relax. What was your suite number so I can verify that it is in good working condition and there isn't something wrong with it.

Thank you for your candid feedback. We look forward to you returning in the future! Stay Warm.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Great price, great breakfast. A nice spot! Not fancy but very clean. Front desk very polite. Lots of fresh fruit at breakfast the gym was clean. Price was under $100. On the northwest edge of Minneapolis

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent visit to Minneapolis.

I am glad to hear that you found our hotel a great value when you are in the Minneapolis area.

We really work hard to show customers how customer service focused we are. We love our jobs, and I am glad to see our customers can see that as well.

We have a great hot breakfast with many options for everyone. It is always nice to get good fresh fruit.

We look forward to seeing you back in the future!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I got a nice deal from Priceline on this hotel and was only sad that I had such a brief stay. I had a beautiful small suite - the kitchen was really nice and all the decor was modern yet comfortable. The bed was fabulous and all the little amenities seemed just right. I had spent about the same amount of money on a Holiday Inn a few nights before and there was NO comparison. I had overslept (my own fault) and asked the front desk to print out Google maps for me (smart phone is acting up) and they handed them to me as I rushed out. I will try to find more Residence Inn properties as I travel. Had no idea they were this nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

We are so happy to hear what a great value that you received for your recent hotel stay, even through Priceline.
It sounded as though we made your stay your home away from home, and was able to relax and enjoy all the amentities that the hotel has to offer. Even though you over slept, we are glad that you had a great night sleep.
It is our goal to make your stay more enjoyable, and to be able to assist you in a bind with local directions.
We look forward to having you back someday!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Was in town for a wedding. Great hotel and very clean! Staff was very helpful. Would stay here again. Great rate for the wedding block. Did not get to the pool but it looked great. If you need to stay in Plymouth stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us, even though it was a short stay. We love hearing when people find other Residence Inn hotels to stay with throughout their travels. It is a great brand, and glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Look forward to seeing you back again!
Michelle Rein, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth? Share your experiences!