“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Singapore
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was in this hotel for a business trip. Very nice one with complete amenities. The room i was in had a mini kitchen which you can cook and nice living room. staff is very nice, friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very clean. They even offer a grocery shopping for you. The location is very good too which has some coffee shop, subway, pizza shop. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We appreciate you recent stay with us, and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Many of our guests appreciate staying with us with our rooms being 50% larger then the standard hotel. This gives you more options to spread out and use your suite. Your are still able to concentrate on your business needs while still maintaining your lifestyle. Being able to cook your traditional meals or snacks and not having to go out all the time is a great option to have. Plus, we have someone that cooks breakfast for you daily complimentary, so you don't have to cook as much! We look forward to the opportunity to have you back again in the future.

Thank you for staying, and the kind feedback!
Michelle Rein, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very nice hotel, the front desk night staff is very nice, friendly and accommodating. The room was very very clean. I loved the fact that the room had a very nice small kitchenette with pots, pans, cooking utensils and dinnerware. I could easily see staying here a week and cooking my own dinners instead of eating out every night. The hotel even offers concierge grocery shopping.
This location is one block off the freeway of 494 W and Hwy 55; Starbucks is two blocks away, Caribou is in the adjoining parking lot, and Red Robin restaurant is across the street. I would differently stay here again if the Plymouth location is convenient.

Room Tip: My room was an upper floor away from the elevators #329.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Kay,
Thank you so much for the kind review that you have provided. We are so glad that we met your expectations if not exceeded them with your recent stay.
Residence Inn is such a great brand to stay with while you travel. We are considered your home away from home. We want you to be able to keep your lifestyles as you travel as well.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Came for two nights for a business trip. Could find nothing wrong except did not like the shower set up. The pane of glass goes floor to ceiling on the side with the faucets so you have to walk in the shower, get the right temp then pull the knob to convert it to the shower head.

Other than that the room was a mansion, huge living area and desk, kitchenette with full size fridge and freezer, awesome stove top with all pots, utensils, even complimentary pack of microwaveable popcorn which was the best ever!

Breakfast was huge and the best hot breakfast anywhere with fruit, grapefruit halves, sausage and the most fantastic hash browns. Worth the stay. Quiet rooms and DARK Shades even. Staying every time we go back.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for you kind feedback on your recent stay with us.

I do apologize about the construction of the showers. They are very beautiful but sometimes not as functional as we would like. The tub spout that is in there is exactly what you had explained. It is an option for temping the water prior to having the shower on. We are coming up with a better way to conserve water in our showers now. People do love the full granite and glass showers though instead of the typical hotel bath tub.

Our rooms are 50% larger then a standard hotel room and do provide more space to move around and relax. It is great to be able to live your traditional life. We get many great compliments on the extent of the breakfast, and many of the healthy choices that are available.

We look forward to having you return one day!

Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a great hotel. We were there this weekend for a hockey tournament and loved everything about the hotel. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We opted for the King suite - which was a plus to have a seperate bedroom.

The hotel does not have roll away beds but told us that we could put an air mattress up in the kitchen area which had room to do so.

The morning breakfast was the best breakfast I have ever had staying in a hotel. I have traveled many times and stayed at a lot of hotels and they had the best breakfast by far.

The only downside was that the maid service did not clean our room the first night but not a big deal we got clean towels from the front desk and they took our trash.

The other thing I noticed is that the hotel but at $250 dollar hold on my credit card when we checked in. I have not seen that in a long time. So just be aware of that if your card is reaching its limit.

I would definately stay here again if in the Plymouth, MN area again.

Room Tip: If you are a lite sleeper, try to get a room on the parking lot side as you can hear the cars going...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michelle R, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Michelle,
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your recent hockey tournament. Our hotel is a perfect fit for families that are away from their own home, and can spread out and relax while you are here with us.

I am sorry to hear about your room not getting cleaned. Did you happen to have your no service sign or later please sign on your door that morning? If not, could you let me know what room you stayed in or your last name so I could look up to see what happened. This is not something that happens often here, and I am glad that the front desk was able to take care of you that night.

In regards to your credit card authorization, we do authorize your credit card for the room and tax and a 20% allowance over that. That allowance is used if you are to purchase additional items at the hotel while you are here (I.E a movie, gift shop items, dry cleaning etc.) The authorization on your credit card is the payment of the services you are receiving. Any authorization that we still have once you check out, is released back onto your account within 24 hours.

We appreicate you staying with us, and look forward to you coming back again soon.

mrein@csmcorp.net
Moorhead, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I do not understand why hotels don't invest in windows that keep street noise out. I was to the street and woke up several times due to traffic.
There were also maintenance issues, such as the glass shower doors didn't move easily and the edge of the bedding was embarrassingly frayed.
Also, it's called called Residence Inn for a reason. The suite was very nice, but since I was just there overnight the kitchen wasn't necessary.

• Stayed March 2013
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us in March.

I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with the windows in your room. We unfortunately at times have prior guests that do open the windows for fresh air. They do try to shut them, but they can have issues at times. Our staff is trained to check all the windows at check-out to ensure that they are closed and locked correctly. It sounds as though your room may not have been checked prior to your stay. They are double pane glass windows, and when closed correctly shouldn't have any noise concerns. If you would like to contact me, I would be more than happy to look further into the issue further. I just need your name and/or room number to verify where you had stayed.

We do get many guests that love staying with Residence Inn's since the rooms are 50% larger than standard hotel rooms. Many of our guests surprisingly don't use the kitchens, but do enjoy the space in their room with the bedroom and living space separate, the full hot breakfast in the morning, and the light meal Monday to Wednesday's.

We are priced competitively with other hotels in our area, but believe you get more for what you pay for also.

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We hope to have you return soon.

mrein@csmcorp.net
763-367-3151
Mukilteo, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The location was very good - very close to where I needed to be.

Desk was friendly and helpful at check-in. Late checkout was granted, but limited to 2 PM. Unfortunately, they put me in a room facing the main road on the ground floor. The sound-proofing was poor and the road, which didn't seem that busy, was surprisingly noisy at night. Also, the room had venetian blinds, which didn't block out the light effectively. The curtains didn't close, so no joy there.

The room was spacious and comfortable, but the kitchen was not well stocked. One pan, no pots. Even then, the burner doesn't get hot enough to boil water in 45 minutes - I tried and gave up. All the cooking basically had to be done in the (very capable) microwave using pyrex bowls. This is my main complaint about the hotel - what's the point of a residence style hotel if you can't really cook for yourself? I'm not looking for much - a 2.5 qt sauce pan and a burner with enough power to boil water in 20 minutes.

The mattress was sagging, but only on the side closest to the bathroom. It was clear no one had rotated it in a long time.

My room was basically clean - the crew did a good job every day cleaning the dishes and the bathroom. The room could have used a deep cleaning, however. I thought I had lost something, and in my search, I found bubblegum (still in its wrapper), a green army man, and a pink children's toy. It was clear no one had moved the furniture in quite a while. Lots of dust and dirt in the corners.

Restaurant is typical for this class of hotel - pretty poor. Very limited options for low-carb eaters: fake(?) scrambled eggs and breakfast sausage. No tuna, no hard-boiled eggs, very limited veggie selections at breakfast and lunch. Not a big deal - I went to Costco and cooked in the microwave.

The gym is a joke - tiny, frequently out of towels, the equipment is sparse (2x treadmill, 2x elliptical, 1x bike, free weights with two benches, and that's it.) Low ceilings - you can't really do anything over your head if you're standing up. Would have liked to have seen an erg. The equipment needs maintenance, too - he elliptical on the left squeaks fiercely. I didn't use the swimming pool, but it looked nice.

I would say that the hotel is typical for its class, but for the price, you can do better.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room away from the main road. Try to get off the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your response on trip advisor about your recent stay in March.

I am glad to hear that the hotel staff was great to work with in extending a late check out for you that day.

I am sorry to hear that there was a soundproofing with the windows in your room. We unfortunately at times have prior guests that do open the windows for fresh air. They do try to shut them, but they can have issues at times with a secure closing. Our staff is trained to check all the windows at check-out to ensure that they are closed and locked correctly. It sounds as though your room may not have been checked prior to your stay. They are double pane glass windows, and when closed correctly shouldn't have any noise concerns. If you would like to contact me, I would be more than happy to look further into the issue further. I just need your name and/or room number to verify where you had stayed.

I am not sure if you noticed or not, but behind the Venetian blinds there are black out shades that can be rolled down on both windows in your room. This would reduce/eliminate any additional lighting to come into your guest suite. The curtains on the exterior of the window are for decoration purposes only, and do not close.

In regards to your comments about the kitchen supplies, I am sorry that you experienced that. We do have fully stocked kitchens that should have a fry pan, a small and medium saucepan and a Dutch oven pan. The staff did not complete that room correctly if those items were not in your room, and I apologize for that. Did you contact the front desk during your stay to make us aware of that so we could get those to your suite for you? It sounds as though the stove top was not functioning correctly. We do have many guests that utilize our kitchens to cook and prepare their daily meals, and have no issues. Could you contact me to let me know the guest suite that you were in, so we can test that stovetop? That should not take 45 minutes to boil water. Other suites we tested take about 5 minutes to boil water.

We do rotate our mattresses each quarter of the year. To help us with that we have a sticker on the mattress itself so we don't rotate to the same sides each quarter. Once I hear back, we can certainly take a look at the condition of that mattress in your suite. We are a very busy hotel, and many of our beds have been upgraded with new mattresses due to our high occupancy.

With part of our Residence Inn brand breakfast standards, we do serve scrambled eggs that are prepared from liquid eggs daily. We also have make your own Belgium waffles, cereal, bread, muffins, fresh fruit, activia yogurt, two varieties of Yoplait yogurt, juice, coffee and traditionally one other hot item that we rotate daily for a variety. The rotational items are usually pancakes, French toast, breakfast burrito, English muffin breakfast sandwich or biscuits and gravy. I am sorry to hear that the options above didn't have something that would work within your diet needs.

Our exercise room is been commented by others as being one of the better hotel exercise room. As you stated in your response, we do have a total of 5 machines, free weights, and a yoga station. Each piece of equipment does have a personal flat screen attached for your private viewing. Unfortunately with the other pieces of equipment that we do have currently don't have the space for the ERG machine, but will look into that as we upgrade our equipment. We will be five years old next week, and do make sure to do quarterly maintenance checks on the equipment.

I appreciate your feedback. We look forward to you coming back and giving us another opportunity to show you what we have to offer.

mrein@csmcorp.net or 763-367-3151
WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We got this room via hotwire and we were extremely pleased with it. Good location and nice breakfast in the AM. Clean room and kind staff. Check-in and Check-out was a breeze. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night. Friday night we had some noisy guests across the hall, so around 1215 am we called down to the front desk to complain. Within a couple minutes those issues were addressed and didn't hear anything the rest of the night. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: They have a black out shade behind the pull down blinds. We didn't notice this until the 2nd nig...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon,
We are so happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay in March. Hotwire can be a great tool to use when you are traveling and looking for a great hotel to stay with.

I am sorry to hear that you did have some noise concerns while you were here. I am glad to hear that when you called to talk to the front desk that Stephanie was very receptive to make sure that it didn't happen again.

We look forward to having you back again in the future.

mrein@csmcorp.net or 763-367-3151
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Minneapolis West
Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#4 of 8 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth? Share your experiences!