“Real food that tastes like Real Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bites Grill & Bar

Bites Grill & Bar
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Pine River
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a neighborhood Bar & Grill with a Dining Room for more intimate dining. We also have a Banquet room available for meetings & groups. We added outside patio dining in the front and back as well!
Walnut Grove, Minnesota
“Real food that tastes like Real Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stopped at Bites on Labor Day evening. The place was packed! I ordered the roast chicken.
What I got on my plate-1/2 of a large perfectly roasted chicken that was moist and delicious, a large serving of very good mac and cheese and a large serving of cooked carrots.
Excellent tasting food and fair prices. I will go there again!

• Visited September 2013

Ocala, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something different from the usual lake offerings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate dinner here over Labor Day weekend. Reservations not needed, unusual menu concept that still needs some work. Food was good and prices reasonable. Personally, I wouldn't order the bites.

• Visited September 2013
Minnesota
“Bites has it All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Finished up our girlfriend week in Breezy Point country with dinner and drinks at Bites! Great atmosphere, friendly wait staff and excellent food. We had 3 bites and the Brie and cracker "shareable". The rest of the menu would have been enjoyed by our husbands but we left them home! Good luck to Roger and Wendy the new owners.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shelley S
Pine River, Minnesota
“Bites has very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I took my wife here for dinner and had a very enjoyable meal. The proportions were adequate and the atmosphere was nice. Highly recommended place to eat if you are in Pine River.

• Visited June 2013
Norfolk, Nebraska
“Optimistic Person with a Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Our large family reunion occurs every few years up this way and our smaller family always goes out for a meal since we hail from CA, OR, AZ, MT, NE, and MN and can't get together often. Seeing phenomenal reviews we were excited to try this place out... well, for us, this visit was a first and a last. We arrived at 5:45 p.m. Having no place to put our group of 13 adults and 3 children, we asked if we could grab drinks and wait outside until they cleared a spot- we were not in a rush and could see they were busy, and planned on having a few drinks anyways. We were all in a great mood! We were seated 10-15 minutes in the back room, where there was an even larger party starting to wrap up their visit. We were not asked about drinks, so a few of us walked over to the bar to refill for the group. When I walked up to the bar, I heard the bartender say to other patrons something about, "The group that just got seated in the back." Whatever that was about, I'm not sure, but I gave him our list of drinks (tap beers, some with tomato juice, and wine, EASY drinks). He told us, the customers, that he was low on glasses so we "must have left them outside." I replied that no, they are on the table in back, empty. He got the drinks poured and we paid. No tip that visit! We went on to wait for our food... it was now after 7 p.m. and we were still without food and drinks were again empty. A couple of us had asked for drinks but still not received them, so, back to the bar we went. When we arrived the bartender and our waitress were talking about us- what was said I can't be sure, but when they turned around the waitress said, "Oh, it goes right here," and pointed to me. I had 4 other drinks to order and pay for in the meantime. Still no food. At around 7:50 our waitress told us our order was starting to come up. One of the moms asked if we could get the kids' food first, and the waitress snipped back that whatever comes first is what she'll bring out. We understand that, but the kids were SO GOOD for waiting 2 hours (ages 2, 5, 6) we just wanted to get them fed! Theirs did come out first, thankfully, then ours. The younger men of the group ate again when they got back to their lodgings, if that tells anything of serving sizes. The aunts and uncles commented it was alright, but between the wait and the service, we'll find other places for future outings. When paying the bill, they also decided there would be no extra tip beyond the included gratuity, to the penny, for lack of service. Rules of the industry: keep the drinks flowing, smile and schmooze your customers, never let them see you're tired or crabby- even if you are! Could be a great place with small groups, but no knowledge of how to treat large groups at all! And we are not a high-maintenance family... I can only imagine their reviews!!

• Visited July 2013