Andor Wenneson Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Windswept Inn(Rushford)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
White Valley Motel(Saint Charles)
View Hotel
Village House Motel(Spring Grove)
Crest Inn(Caledonia)
View Hotel
All reviewsfresh fruitb broot river trailhistoric charmlarge porchquiet at nightcontinental breakfastshort walkmeganhostsskylightcereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a weekend in Peterson as guests at the Wenneson Historic Inn.
Not only is the inn itself very unique and charming, but the hosts were very gracious and accomodating to us, such as offering to lock our bicycles into their own garage overnight for safekeeping. We stayed in a separate building - an old bank(!) building that has been converted by the Inn owners to a residence-type room. This building is about a block away from the main inn, and when I accidently locked our key in the room on the first day there, a quick call to the owner brought her walking over to let us back in. The room was nicely appointed, very large, comfortable, and quiet even though it is on Peterson's main street, next to a restaurant. We are already making plans to return!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We can not thank you enough for such a wonderful weekend. You not only meet but exceeded all of our expectations. The room was extemely comfortable, breakfast was great and the game of 'Words with Friends' will not be the same without you. Our very best to you and your bed & breakfast. We cannot wait to come back to visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 13Diane
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent this past weekend at the Wenneson Historic Inn. We were very pleased with our room selection (The Loft) and the thoughtfulness of the hosts, Pam & Barry Erickson. We had selected the Wenneson Historic Inn due to its proximity to the Root River bicycle trail, which we are very familiar with. Pam & Barry offered us the opportunity to store our bicycles in their garage, which was a huge benefit, so that we didn't need to haul them all over with us when not actually bicycling. They provided a very artistically presented continental breakfast, including fresh waffles, which were a great start for days of bicycling. The fresh fruit was fabulous as well! The hotel was very clean, the whole area is very quiet, which was a nice benefit for us, as we tend to enjoy quiet pastimes. Pam and Barry were very pleasant conversationalists, entertaining the guests at breakfast time. We will definitely return.

Joel and Betsy Sullivan - Minneapolis, MN

Room Tip: We loved The Loft - a nice quiet location with its own entrance - (may not be suitable for folks who have difficulty with stairs, though)
2  Thank Betsy S
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I read the recent posts from the family that stayed here and was a bit surprised. This was not our experience AT ALL. It's sad that an entire family (who obviously does not like rules - which most B&B's have very strict rules) would sign up on tripadvisor just to post bad reviews. My first thought while reading these reviews was that they must not stay at B&B's regularly.

My husband and I stayed at this B&B for some couple time and to bike the Root River Trail (another benefit to this B&B is that you can leave your bikes locked in their garage overnight, which is a very nice perk if you have expensive bikes). Another perk is that this B&B is literally 50 feet from the Root River Trail.

We stayed in the Coachman's room which was beautifully decorated. This B&B is spotless. The room was a little cool when we arrived, but my husband likes it that way and I figured it would be nice coming back from our ride to a cool room. When we returned that evening from our ride, the room was warm. We talked to the Innkeeper, Pam, who gladly set out to find out what the problem was. She must have found it because it started to cool down shortly after that. Thank you, Pam! We enjoyed a very quiet, undisturbed night at the Wenneson. Most B&B's usually have very strict quiet time (they are not hotels) and this B&B was no exception. It was quiet all night.

On Sunday morning we slept in and I thought we had missed breakfast. The B&B's I have stayed at in the past serve breakfast at a specific time. The Wenneson served breakfast starting at 8:30 until 10:00. When we walked in at 9:50 Pam was waiting in the kitchen with muffins, danishes, coffee, milk, orange juice, waffles, cereal, fresh fruit at hand. She greeted us, offered to make fresh waffles (which we declined since we were so late). Pam chatted with us and told us the history of the B&B. We were going to head out for another ride but it started storming. Pam hung out with us on the porch for 2 hours talking with us. She is a wonderful host. We did not get to meet her husband (who did most of the handywork at this beautiful establishment), but we can only assume he is just as friendly as Pam. When the skies did finally clear, we set out for our ride. Pam told us we could just leave our truck there for the day with no problem.

The majority of B&B's we have stayed at were in Alaska and these B&Bs had very strict rules governing quiet time and the Innkeepers will not disturb you nor will they come into your room while you are staying there. Most B&B clients use B&B's for the quiet time and that is why they are avid B&B'ers - they do not like the hustle and bustle of hotels. We loved this B&B and we will return hopefully soon. If you are looking for quiet, relaxing, undisturbed time away this is your place to be! If you are looking for a place to party, I would suggest a hotel.

Room Tip: The Coachman's Room is on the top floor away from the other rooms. If you want to be away from it all, this room is great.
3  Thank Mary C
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Quite frankly, I never complain. However, after spending 3 nights with several other unsatisfied family members, I felt this time it was necessary. The Inn was extremely CLEAN and WELL MAINTAINED on the interior except. The exterior of the building is in need of a full painting and front deck/porch maintenance. The owners forced us to keep the thermostat at 74 degrees with just the fan on (this does NOT move any cooler air, despite it being nearly 90 degrees outside. Wanted the lights out and complete quietness at 10 PM. We had no access to the living room, dining room, public bathroom, kitchen, etc. areas at all in the evening hours. And yes, we supplied our own garbage bags and ultimately the family took the owners pickup to empty the garbage on their own, as the owners were seemingly not able to do so on their own. LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andersons6_5
wenneson, Owner at Andor Wenneson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

We have central air conditioners, keep them at 73-74 degrees with the airconditioner fan on at all times so all three floors stay the same temperature. If you turn off the fan of course it will be cooler downstairs and upstairs it will be hot-that is what they did. I don't know anyones airconditioner that could keep up when there ends up being over 66 people having a party going in and out of the door, and then openning windows wide open in 90 degree weather. The guests or their guests did this, not us. We also have no public restroom, no public laundry, and we always keep the kitchen and dining areas locked when not serving breakfast. It is my private kitchen, there is no public kitchen. Not once did anyone even ring either of our doorbells to ask for anything. When we talked to guests they said they had a nice party and were enjoying time together.
Some of their relatives who live in a nearby town said they could take some of the garbage bags as our dumpster was not big enough. There was at least 11 leaf size bags full from the party I didn't charge them for,even though it turned out to way, way more than we had been discussed when they first booked the rooms.I never would have let them have it here if I had known. I also never would have suspected they would throw that garbage in a ditch outside our town. Who does that this day and age?
We have NEVER told someone they had to go to bed at 10 pm. ever. My husband should have called the sheriff the first night when "after midnight" he asked them to quiet down so the neighbors could sleep and one of the intoxicated men tried to come after him but a table was between them and then one of the men stopped him. One of their comments was-"We don't have to quiet down, I don't think they have any police in this town anyways".