“So many trails, so close to Fargo!”

Maplewood State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular with families, this park offers many activities and trails that connect with many of the park's lakes.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

So I live in Fargo and this state park is only an hour away which is very nice for a day trip. The trails were fairly well maintained, but a bit muddy this time of year. I very much was impressed with all of the maps around that kept me from getting lost.
I also will be bringing my mountain bike next time. The roads look like fun!

-$5/vehicle
-Make sure you bring bug spray!!! The ticks and mosquitoes are awful.
-Also bring plenty of water, there's limited water stations.

1  Thank Twila_Singh
"cars"
"woods"
"scenery"

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a beautiful park with many places to hike. There is camping and a swimming area...boats to rent. Great places to picnic with family.

1  Thank woody47
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The camp host yelled at our 8 year old for picking up twigs (and by twigs I mean fallen pieces of wood less than four inches) at OUR specific camp site stating, "You can't forage for wood! You need to let it die naturally." Then the ranger said we made too much noise in the middle of the night. We tried to explain that two racoons got into a fight outside out tent (scaring the crap out of our kids) and that is where the noise came from (it sounded like people screaming) but he rolled his eyes and acted as if we were lying. I will stick to other campgrounds with more friendly staff from now on.

9  Thank honestreviews427
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just attended a wedding in the park. Perfect facilites- covered gathering space, clean bathrooms, kitchen area, and plenty of parking. Did I mention the fall leaves? Breathtaking!

1  Thank Lois R