“Modern, clean resort on a great lake”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paynesville
Bug-Bee Hive Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Paynesville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Modern, clean resort on a great lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

We love the fishing on Lake Koronis and like the fact that not many people seem to know about it. It's a nice trip for a weekend as it's only 90min from the Twin Cities. I was pleasantly surprised at how contemporary and clean the rooms were - while still log cabin style, they aren't completely stuck in the 1960s like other resorts in northern MN. The service was good although it would have been nice to know there was a wedding reception in the main lodge while we were there, because there was a live band playing. I was also surprised at the cost of the pontoon rental - $50 an hour seems a bit much, and I wouldn't recommend coming here if noisy kids running around bother you. Besides that though, we were happy and would stay again although this time probably not in the main lodge as we'd like less noise next time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lakeville, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

We highly recommend Bug Bee Hive Resort- it is a resort for any age!! We started vacationing here in 1998, before kids, and have had two daughters since! They love it at Bug Bee as much as we do. They talk all year long about our next vacation there! They and we have made such great, lifelong friends, that return to Bug Bee the same week as us each yr. We cannot say enough good things about the owners, Paul and Kella Bugbee, and the Mgr Lori. They would bend over backwards to help us. The cabins are remodeled and updated frequently. We stay on the "first tier' -closest to the lake. Thanks Bug Bee Hive for making such great memories for us!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SarahBea
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2008

I grew up visiting Bug-Bee Hive Resort and now that I live in the area, I still stay out here when I am able. The accommodations are comfy and clean. The kitchens are stocked with tools and there are fun things to do here year-round. Wireless internet is available throughout most of the resort and there is a new lodge with a pool and whirlpool that my son loves to swim in.

I got married and had my reception at Bug-Bee Hive Resort about 6 years ago and now they even have a building with a banquet hall that is great for weddings (we had an outdoor tent back in the day).

I do scrapbook retreats here, my family celebrates Christmas here and we are planning a family reunion here in the summer of '09. I've even had just a couple personal retreats here just to "get away". Nope, I don't get sick of it! And with the cost of gas, how great to have a place to go that is nearby!

I highly recommend this resort to all of my friends and have had several stay here... one friend and her family stayed here just last week while her kids had a week school vacation and had a great time.

• Liked — The cabins are rustic enough to feel like a getaway but modern enough to have the comforts of home.
  • Disliked — That I can't go more often!
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TravelMeesh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paynesville
Paynesville Inn & Suites
Days Inn Willmar
Days Inn Willmar
#6 of 8 in Willmar
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Willmar

Been to Bug-Bee Hive Resort? Share your experiences!