“Good Value Motel in a great little resort town”

and 1 more site!
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Park Rapids
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Park Rapids
Los Angeles, California
“Good Value Motel in a great little resort town”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

From the moment that Gail answered the phone to take the reservation, I knew that I had found a special place to stay. I was on a two week business trip during late summer, a busy time. Gail figured out a way for me to stay the entire time, including weekends, a big help. Each morning a free breakfast is given which I would describe as "continental plus" in a cozy room with a tv and fireplace. The rooms are clean and the Internet works well enough. If you are lucky, you will get a room with a small jacuzzi tub in the corner. The location is good, just on the outskirts of town and next to a Wal-Mart. Park Rapids is a cool little town.

Room Tip: Room 120 is a good choice, but the rooms on the left from the lobby have much better views than the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The staff was friendly, especially the morning staff that maintained the breakfast area. Our room was clean and stocked. My only suggestion that I know they can do something about is that they keep the pool towels stocked better, we constantly had to ask for more towels. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Everything was the best! Thanks for the great service and clean room

• Stayed November 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Very professional, highly trained and friendly staff. Breakfast is outstanding and features waffles, cereals, toast and muffins.Units are very clean and facility is within reach of many shops and close to a number of highly rates golf course. Their "fall" golf special is an excellent way to enjoy some of the top golf courses on the Minnesota Golf Trail.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My friends and I stayed at the property to attend a wedding over the weekend.

The woman at the front desk had a great big smile on her face when when we arrived. She was very friendly and checked us in quickly. It was nice of her to take time to explain the area and the hotel features. She also let us check in a little earlier then the published time. That was great for letting us get changed for the wedding!

The room was super clean. I'm a Marriott elite card holder, and the room was one of the cleanest I've ever stayed in.

The only issue was the Internet. I'm in computers, so I understand that cement walls and wireless access don't always work the best. I was at the end of the hall too, so I might have been further away from the access point then most. It wasn't that big of an issue though, we were there for pleasure and not business.

It's a nice little property and I will be there again when I visit Park Rapids.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Battle Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I plan to visit there again.....the desk staff was superb and everyone was so friendly!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ella009
Willmar, MN
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We reserved two rooms for myself and sister (two 55 year old women) and my elderly disabled parents(77 years old). We were attending the funeral of my mother's twin brother. We made three different contacts prior to check in plus check in to confirm a late check out. We asked to be able to stay until 1PM and were told EACH TIME that is would not be a problem at all. The day of the funeral Brittney at the front desk literally ordered us to leave our rooms. When we attempted to explain that we had permission for a late check out, she yelled at us in front of a lobby full of guests. We tried to reason with her but she kept yelling at us "I am not arguing over this." She said we could stay until noon. We tried to explain that we needed a 1PM check out and even offered to move into one room allowing them to clean the other room. She refused but said we could stay if we paid for another night. We then asked for the hotel manager to call us. About 30 minutes later, we received a phone call from Gail, the hotel manager. I answered the phone with "Hello, I guess we have a small issue here." I attempted to explain our situation and she yelled at me to "let me talk." She then went into a tirade of hotel policy and literally scolded me. She told me that if we did not leave the hotel by noon, that "state law says we can be arrested for trespassing." I was mortified.....I could not believe that she would actually say that to two 55 year old women and two 77 year old elderly people who were in town to bury their uncle/brother. In order to say anything on the phone, I finally had to ask "is it my turn to talk now?" Gail would barely allow me to respond. Needless to say, to avoid further stress on an already stressful day, we called two other hotels in town and both were ready and willing to help us out. We packed our bags and left before noon. We are not hotel novices and stay in hotels frequently. NEVER have we been treated so rudely. We have contacted "corporation" in attempt to stop this bullying from these two women. Every other employee in the hotel that we had contact with were wonderful!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank DanoWillmar
americinnpr, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Park Rapids, responded to this review, May 6, 2010
I am sorry that you feel this way. Due to the fact that we had a full house coming in on the 24th of April we could not give a later check out than 12:00. We did tell you that you could feel free to stay in the lobby or breakfast area and also told you that you could feel free to use the pool. We needed to be able to clean the room and have it ready at the guaranteed check-in time of 3:00 PM. When you asked what we would do if you weren't out of your room at 12:00, I then told you that we would have to have a police escort you out if you wouldn't be willing to leave the room. It was never told to you that we would have you arrested. Again, I apologize for the way that you feel.

Travelers are raving about these Park Rapids hotels

#2 of 8 in Park Rapids
Red Bridge Inn
Red Bridge Inn
#1 of 7 in Park Rapids

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Park Rapids? Share your experiences!