“German Food and wonderful breakfasts...”
Review of Schwarzwald Inn - CLOSED

Schwarzwald Inn
Cuisines: German
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I believe this to be one of the best values in Park Rapids. Good food, wonderful atmosphere for family eating. I highly recommend the spaetzle noodles with gravy and the walleye...but I enjoy their breakfasts as well.

1  Thank Mn2Mx
There are newer reviews for Schwarzwald Inn

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Don't go!!! This used to be good until Klink in the kitchen took over! Heaven forbid if you subsitute a patty melt that comes with a bun ??? for rye. They charge u a $1.50. I can understand insteas of fries for onion rings, this is extra. But $4.00? I got an english muffin with my omlette & was asked white or wheat. She brought me wheat & then argues that it was white. So I said I'll take white toast. I got it for an extra $1.50. Plus, my husbands patty melt came with cole slaw---never came!!! We asked for manager ,she came back & said he was too busy. I don' t mind paying extra, but tell us why for instance changing from a damn bun to rye is extra. Our waitress was new & the ohter gal more experienced was explaing the charges when General Burkhaulter flies out of kitchen & yells to gals ""you pick up orders & you behave"". To me, the customer. My husband & everyone else were shocked by this behavior. Thank GOD my husband kept his cool. By the time he was outside, he wanted to grab him & make him apologize to me. Was't worth the effort to reason with stupid!!! DON'T GO!!!!!

3  Thank Luanne J
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our waitress was friendly and efficient, but the quality of the food was sad. After reading the other reviews, I couldn't wait to try the noodles. They were tasteless and seemed to be rather raw in a floury texture. I order lever and onions and the liver was apparently dredged in flour before being partially cooked giving a pasty texture to the whole mess. Along with the liver and onions, I ordered carrots which were steamed or boiled just right. My wife had roasted pork, noodles and red cabbage. The pork was okay, the cabbage quite tasty but her noodles were just as bad as mine. I also found the offering of a single slice of home made German bread (?) which was buttered prior to being served, a bit strange. For dessert we had the stale bread pudding which had a nice taste but terrible texture. The coffee and iced tea were very good.
Hopefully this was an off day for them.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My family has been coming to Park Rapids for vacation since 1952. For my 27 years of that I cannot remember a time in which we have not stopped in the Schwarzwald Inn for German Noodles. I am a picky eater but I long for eating these noodles all year until we go on vacation. They have a large menu with great prices and you can get breakfast all day long. Members of my family have highly praised their ribs and fried fish as well as their liver and onions. The restaurant itself is so cool on the inside with great German decor! If you are ever in downtown Park Rapids you MUST stop here for a bite!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This restaurant has amazing food in a great atmosphere. My lunch was pot roast and my husband had a club sandwich. The pot roast was moist and delicious. Real mashed potatoes and gravy! The service was very nice; our waitress was very friendly and fast. Try the german bread!