“Top Quality at Little Expense” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Owatonna
San Antonio, Texas
“Top Quality at Little Expense”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Previous reviewers rated this place top grades and they were spot on. Holly was terrific at desk, service grand, clean comfortable and spacious. Easy access on/off I-35 with excellent dining within a few hundred yards of the Inn. Pool, modest fitness center, and a decent breakfast as well

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasRaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have stayed here before a few years back...Was pleasantly surprised by updated and upgraded rooms. Had a very large king suite that was nicely furnished including a 32" lcd tv. Front desk was efficient and friendly. I also used the hot tub which was a little on the cool side. Would stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank SIOUXFANFOREVER
Atoka, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stopped for a quick overnight stay on our way up to Northern Minnesota. Called very late while on the road and they had an opening for my family. Got there late and spoke to the very friendly receptionist, got my room all taken care of (gave my choice priveleges number and they had all the information they needed, nothing more) and off we went. The whole hotel was very nice, I even mentioned to the receptionist that the lobby looked recently renovated and nice. Got to our room and it was big, two queens with a large chair off to the side. Very nice and updated. Couple of small issues with the room (faucet was too short for the sink, tub drained a little slow), but overall it was a really nice room. Went to breakfast the next morning and it was great! Of course waffles, but also had pre-maid omelettes and sausages along with the standard continental fare. Definitely worth the money (had a great military discount) and I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Didn't utilize the pool as we were only there for a quick 1 night stopover but it looked decent, a little small, but nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at this motel for business. The motel is very nice and comfortable. The rooms large. I liked the "easy-in, easy-out" access. Check-in was quick and easy and the check-out was just a quick and easy. Cabela's is right next door for a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This Comfort Inn lives up to the name. Vicki Lyssne and her staff provide the best service you will find anywhere. The rooms are spacious, spotless, quiet, modern, and fresh. The breakfast is rich and plentiful. Even the entrance to the Inn is striking with its beautiful warm stone fireplace. This hotel deserves a 5 star rating!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Guymon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was traveling through the area on a business trip and selected this hotel to stay a single night during my trip. The hotel looked fairly new/updated on both the inside & outside. During check-in, the customer service was fantastic! I was thanked for being a gold card member as well as selecting their hotel for my stay. I was upgraded from a standard King room to an executive king room without being asked.

Room was HUGE when I opened the door, lots of space to spread out. Furniture was a tad small/short for the space - desk/table was too small to spread out my laptop & paperwork and some of the outlets did not work correctly to charge my electronics. The chest of drawers the TV sat on was very low to the ground which made watching from the couch or bed a tad difficult. One comment I made the front desk aware of when I checked out was that every few minutes the water within the toilet bowl tank ran (ALL NIGHT!).

All in all, I was quite pleased with the hotel and will most likely stay here again if needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend with my daughter. Friday night was okay. Saturday was an absolute nightmare. There were children running around on the floor above us and when I talked to the front desk staff, they were rather rude and dismissive. The table in my hotel room had a nail sticking out of the side which I discovered after speaking with the front desk about the noise from the kids running around upstairs so I decided it wasn't really worth saying anything else to the staff since there were still kids running around at eleven pm. Additionally, I was charged for a meeting room that I never requested which turned out to be for a different party and there were three separate authorizations on my credit card which I felt was entirely unnecessary since my stay was for two nights and they knew what they would be charging me for to begin with.
I do have to say this is entirely uncharacteristic of this hotel as I have stayed there on several occasions and I have never had a problem until last weekend. I find it very frustrating to put out a good amount of money for a hotel room when I'm not able to relax and enjoy my stay like I have on many occasions before.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owatonna
Baymont Inn & Suites
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault
3.0 of 5 stars 214 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!