“Pleasantly Surprised!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Owatonna
Atoka, Tennessee
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stopped for a quick overnight stay on our way up to Northern Minnesota. Called very late while on the road and they had an opening for my family. Got there late and spoke to the very friendly receptionist, got my room all taken care of (gave my choice priveleges number and they had all the information they needed, nothing more) and off we went. The whole hotel was very nice, I even mentioned to the receptionist that the lobby looked recently renovated and nice. Got to our room and it was big, two queens with a large chair off to the side. Very nice and updated. Couple of small issues with the room (faucet was too short for the sink, tub drained a little slow), but overall it was a really nice room. Went to breakfast the next morning and it was great! Of course waffles, but also had pre-maid omelettes and sausages along with the standard continental fare. Definitely worth the money (had a great military discount) and I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Didn't utilize the pool as we were only there for a quick 1 night stopover but it looked decent, a little small, but nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Arlington, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at this motel for business. The motel is very nice and comfortable. The rooms large. I liked the "easy-in, easy-out" access. Check-in was quick and easy and the check-out was just a quick and easy. Cabela's is right next door for a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This Comfort Inn lives up to the name. Vicki Lyssne and her staff provide the best service you will find anywhere. The rooms are spacious, spotless, quiet, modern, and fresh. The breakfast is rich and plentiful. Even the entrance to the Inn is striking with its beautiful warm stone fireplace. This hotel deserves a 5 star rating!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Guymon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was traveling through the area on a business trip and selected this hotel to stay a single night during my trip. The hotel looked fairly new/updated on both the inside & outside. During check-in, the customer service was fantastic! I was thanked for being a gold card member as well as selecting their hotel for my stay. I was upgraded from a standard King room to an executive king room without being asked.

Room was HUGE when I opened the door, lots of space to spread out. Furniture was a tad small/short for the space - desk/table was too small to spread out my laptop & paperwork and some of the outlets did not work correctly to charge my electronics. The chest of drawers the TV sat on was very low to the ground which made watching from the couch or bed a tad difficult. One comment I made the front desk aware of when I checked out was that every few minutes the water within the toilet bowl tank ran (ALL NIGHT!).

All in all, I was quite pleased with the hotel and will most likely stay here again if needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend with my daughter. Friday night was okay. Saturday was an absolute nightmare. There were children running around on the floor above us and when I talked to the front desk staff, they were rather rude and dismissive. The table in my hotel room had a nail sticking out of the side which I discovered after speaking with the front desk about the noise from the kids running around upstairs so I decided it wasn't really worth saying anything else to the staff since there were still kids running around at eleven pm. Additionally, I was charged for a meeting room that I never requested which turned out to be for a different party and there were three separate authorizations on my credit card which I felt was entirely unnecessary since my stay was for two nights and they knew what they would be charging me for to begin with.
I do have to say this is entirely uncharacteristic of this hotel as I have stayed there on several occasions and I have never had a problem until last weekend. I find it very frustrating to put out a good amount of money for a hotel room when I'm not able to relax and enjoy my stay like I have on many occasions before.

• Stayed February 2013
Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Me and my wife stayed in one suite for two days stay as we are returning from north and I want do some shopping on Cabelas that is aside the hotel. The best part of the hotel is indeed it's location. Right off the freeway, next door to Cabelas, across the street from Applebees, Subway, mini mart, and very close to a Target. The room itself was okay. Nothing special, nothing terrible. The complimentary breakfast is as basic as it gets. During first night some kids run as horses in the run over us during a couple of hours and the frontdesk dont do nothing.Next time we will stay in another hotel in the area..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We value your comments and are always pleased when guests like yourself are willing to share your experience at Comfort Inn Owatonna. Your honest feedback is always appreciated as it helps us know what we are doing right and areas we need to improve.

Our goal at Comfort Inn Owatonna is to provide each and every guest with a superior guest experience. Thus I am truly sorry to hear you left our hotel with a mediocre impression. We have been looking into additional hot breakfast items to coincide with our current selection of cheese omelets, sausage and waffles. We have also added front desk staff during weekends that we have large groups and sports teams. We are currently replacing all of our king and queen mattresses and box springs. Our new filled blankets, soft and firm pillow selection and new coverlets will be arriving in approximately 8 weeks. We anticipate these improvements will enhance a future visit to Comfort Inn Owatonna.

I appreciate your comments regarding our location and hope future travelers to Owatonna will find this useful. I would like to clarify Comfort Inn is located at exit 45 off of I35 directly behind Cabela’s, while Applebee’s and Target are located at Exit 41.

We appreciate your business and hope that when you are in Owatonna you will give us another chance to prove that we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Vicki Lysne
Owatonna, MN
Tonka Bay, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was nicely renovated recently, and out room was comfortable. Sadly, I travel frequently, and I know what mold smells like, and this place has it in spades. The underlayment beneath the capet in the corridors had "potholes" in it, and I twisted my anke, and so did my son. Ok, forgivable things for a hotel of this age and a limited talent pool for staffing from a small town. But when I heard the obnoxious owner/manager badmouthing people in the lobby, I grabbed our stuff and moved next door to the Holiday Inn, even though it costs more. If not for the draw of the outlet mall and Cabellas nearby, there would be no way this place could charge the rates it does.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and for your honest feedback regarding your stay. Comments from our guests are always appreciated, and I can assure you each review is taken very seriously.

Our goal at Comfort Inn Owatonna MN is provide superior customer service. Our Comfort Inn employees take great pride in their roles of creating a positive experience for our guests. Therefore, I am deeply concerned to hear a member of our staff was responsible for allowing you to leave our location with such a poor impression. Please accept my deepest apologies. I want you to know that we will use your comments as a learning tool in order to assure this does not happen again. While I am not aware of any mold problems at this time considering our hotel has undergone all new paint/texture, wall covering, padding/carpeting, and floor tile replaced throughout the entire property within the last year I will investigate your concern.

We truly value your business and I do hope that if you are in the area you will give another try. We would be grateful for the opportunity to show you we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Vicki Lysne
Owatonna MN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owatonna
Baymont Inn & Suites
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault
3.0 of 5 stars 214 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!