$135
GrandStay
$65
Best Budget Inn(Owatonna)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrussell stoverroom was cleanfront deskthe breakfast arealodge feelwould stay here againhome away from homethe pool hot tubfree breakfasttwo nightsnice placefridge and microwavegreat place to stayparking lotangelicastairwelllobby
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend with my daughter. Friday night was okay. Saturday was an absolute nightmare. There were children running around on the floor above us and when I talked to the front desk staff, they were rather rude and dismissive. The table in my hotel room had a nail sticking out of the side which I discovered after speaking with the front desk about the noise from the kids running around upstairs so I decided it wasn't really worth saying anything else to the staff since there were still kids running around at eleven pm. Additionally, I was charged for a meeting room that I never requested which turned out to be for a different party and there were three separate authorizations on my credit card which I felt was entirely unnecessary since my stay was for two nights and they knew what they would be charging me for to begin with.
I do have to say this is entirely uncharacteristic of this hotel as I have stayed there on several occasions and I have never had a problem until last weekend. I find it very frustrating to put out a good amount of money for a hotel room when I'm not able to relax and enjoy my stay like I have on many occasions before.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Me and my wife stayed in one suite for two days stay as we are returning from north and I want do some shopping on Cabelas that is aside the hotel. The best part of the hotel is indeed it's location. Right off the freeway, next door to Cabelas, across the street from Applebees, Subway, mini mart, and very close to a Target. The room itself was okay. Nothing special, nothing terrible. The complimentary breakfast is as basic as it gets. During first night some kids run as horses in the run over us during a couple of hours and the frontdesk dont do nothing.Next time we will stay in another hotel in the area..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We value your comments and are always pleased when guests like yourself are willing to share your experience at Comfort Inn Owatonna. Your honest feedback is always appreciated as it helps us know what we are doing right and areas we need to improve.

Our goal at Comfort Inn Owatonna is to provide each and every guest with a superior guest experience. Thus I am truly sorry to hear you left our hotel with a mediocre impression. We have been looking into additional hot breakfast items to coincide with our current selection of cheese omelets, sausage and waffles. We have also added front desk staff during weekends that we have large groups and sports teams. We are currently replacing all of our king and queen mattresses and box springs. Our new filled blankets, soft and firm pillow selection and new coverlets will be arriving in approximately 8 weeks. We anticipate these improvements will enhance a future visit to Comfort Inn Owatonna.

I appreciate your comments regarding our location and hope future travelers to Owatonna will find this useful. I would like to clarify Comfort Inn is located at exit 45 off of I35 directly behind Cabela’s, while Applebee’s and Target are located at Exit 41.

We appreciate your business and hope that when you are in Owatonna you will give us another chance to prove that we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Owatonna, MN

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was nicely renovated recently, and out room was comfortable. Sadly, I travel frequently, and I know what mold smells like, and this place has it in spades. The underlayment beneath the capet in the corridors had "potholes" in it, and I twisted my anke, and so did my son. Ok, forgivable things for a hotel of this age and a limited talent pool for staffing from a small town. But when I heard the obnoxious owner/manager badmouthing people in the lobby, I grabbed our stuff and moved next door to the Holiday Inn, even though it costs more. If not for the draw of the outlet mall and Cabellas nearby, there would be no way this place could charge the rates it does.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and for your honest feedback regarding your stay. Comments from our guests are always appreciated, and I can assure you each review is taken very seriously.

Our goal at Comfort Inn Owatonna MN is provide superior customer service. Our Comfort Inn employees take great pride in their roles of creating a positive experience for our guests. Therefore, I am deeply concerned to hear a member of our staff was responsible for allowing you to leave our location with such a poor impression. Please accept my deepest apologies. I want you to know that we will use your comments as a learning tool in order to assure this does not happen again. While I am not aware of any mold problems at this time considering our hotel has undergone all new paint/texture, wall covering, padding/carpeting, and floor tile replaced throughout the entire property within the last year I will investigate your concern.

We truly value your business and I do hope that if you are in the area you will give another try. We would be grateful for the opportunity to show you we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Owatonna MN

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Came into Owatonna on a last minute buisiness trip. I stayed a couple of nights here and had an amazing experience. The rooms were decorated nicely, most importanlty clean, modern, and very elegant. In the mornings I was in a rush but had the chance to stop by the hot breakfast served by the hotel. I was delighted by the number of options to choose from. I would recommend this hotel because it is worth the price you pay, which is not much especially considering the care and the kindness of the staff. I definitely felt "at home" at this hotel. I will come back if in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe P
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

First, allow me to thank you for reviewing Comfort Inn Owatonna. We always value hearing from our guest, as you let us know know what we are doing right and where we can improve.

I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our modern rooms and hot breakfast options.
I am pleased to share your comments about our staff's care and kindness with them. We serve many guests each day, and it always great to hear when efforts are rewarded with words of praise. Thank you for recognizing their efforts.

Thank you for staying with us, and we value your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Owatonna MN

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at Comfort Inn during a friend's wedding, loved the hotel. My overall stay at this hotel was a pleasant experience. Hotel is very elegant, rooms are well-priced, and definitely worth staying at. Close to variety of great restaurants and shopping. Friendly staff that provided great service. The breakfast was delicious and those with a sweet tooth, definitely check out the candy store next door.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hanisha P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We value your comments and are always pleased when guests like yourself are willing to share your experience at Comfort Inn.

Superior customer service is a priority and it is such a pleasure for me to be able to share your words of praise with our staff. I am also pleased to hear you enjoy our decor.

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our location for restaurants and shopping.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again when you are in the Owatonna area.

Owatonna, MN