“Great Food - Gluten Free Menu”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #10 of 72 Restaurants in Owatonna
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place has great BBQ. Many choices on the menu. My wife has celiac disease (no gluten) and finding a restaurant that understands this can be difficult. We were happy to find out that Famous Dave's does have a gluten free menu. There a not a lot of choices on that menu but at least we can eat here as a family if we choose. We did ask for the allergen sheet (most restaurants have one). With this, we were able to find several more food choices that did not contain wheat. The service was good. Overall, a great place to eat and for those of you who are gluten free, you should be able to find something you like.

2  Thank Jeff38094

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Good service , little spendy . bathrooms were clean staff was pleasent , will visit again , nice to have cabelas close by

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is one of my favorite bbq places and when going by Owatonna this is a great place to stop for food south of the twin cities. They have an old timey motif going as they are in the same area as Cabelas. Do a taste test of all their sauces such as Texas Pit, Devil's spit, Rich and Sassy, Sweet and Zesty and Georgia Mustard.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Entered, requested take out, we're kindly escorted to take-out area, asked a bunch of questions, tried to determine portions and pricing, ordered and waited. And, waited. Now this was at 8:30pm on a Sunday night. I wondered how their sizing compared to standard measures. For example, a "quart" priced bowl is served in a pint container. A "pint" priced bowl in a half pint container. A purchased 1/2 pound of pork wasn't even 8oz WITH a big spoonful of sauce (no thanks!!!) on it! I happen to eat a weighed and measured, no sugar food plan... So I used my scale. Asked for salt and pepper packets and got literally a quarter cup of each! Felt like a middle schooler was pulling a prank on us. Over cooked, under measured, expensive, steamed to mushy, and thus the last time I hit that chain. Wish I verified here if it was good. Kind people packed the bag...

1  Thank Angie D
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Great Barbecue and location......;.................................................