“I love BBQ and this is a great place to stop”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #10 of 72 Restaurants in Owatonna
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is one of my favorite bbq places and when going by Owatonna this is a great place to stop for food south of the twin cities. They have an old timey motif going as they are in the same area as Cabelas. Do a taste test of all their sauces such as Texas Pit, Devil's spit, Rich and Sassy, Sweet and Zesty and Georgia Mustard.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Entered, requested take out, we're kindly escorted to take-out area, asked a bunch of questions, tried to determine portions and pricing, ordered and waited. And, waited. Now this was at 8:30pm on a Sunday night. I wondered how their sizing compared to standard measures. For example, a "quart" priced bowl is served in a pint container. A "pint" priced bowl in a half pint container. A purchased 1/2 pound of pork wasn't even 8oz WITH a big spoonful of sauce (no thanks!!!) on it! I happen to eat a weighed and measured, no sugar food plan... So I used my scale. Asked for salt and pepper packets and got literally a quarter cup of each! Felt like a middle schooler was pulling a prank on us. Over cooked, under measured, expensive, steamed to mushy, and thus the last time I hit that chain. Wish I verified here if it was good. Kind people packed the bag...

1  Thank Angie D
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Great Barbecue and location......;.................................................

Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

I had the brisket burger, very good. Since normally this is not seen on bbg menus, I recommend it!

Reviewed April 29, 2012

If you're from anywhere in the south as I am, you'd be disappointed in this as a representative of BBQ. very commercial taste.

1  Thank tivab0