“Not terrible”

1  Thank 2CHUCK14

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was on a 1,000 mile trip and wanted a convenient place to stay that was low cost as I was arriving at midnight and continuing on at 7am. The billboard I saw showed the rate as $49 and the exit number. I exited and refueled the vehicle and there was another competitive hotel near the gas station. I checked and they were charging $85 for the same type of room. I went to the Microtel and they confimed the $49 rate. I checked in and everything was fine with the room and accomodations. The breakfast options were very limited, but was consistent with my expectations. If I was traveling alone again and wanted a value place to stay I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my best room and value of the six places I stayed! They are a pet friendly motel and my little Springer Spaniel named Winnie loved the accomodations. Everything was bright, clean, and comfortable. Being this was the last night of the trip back to Michigan, having a quality night and room was appreciated. Thanks!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the second time that I've stayed at a Microtel Inn. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotewl, along with a very helpful staff. The only negative comments I would have, and not really that negative, would be that the breakfast offerings could be a bit better. But, I've seen much worse. Overall, I rate this particular Microtel a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Wife, daughter (4 yrs old) and I stayed one night, Saturday, August 11th as we made our way north to the U.P. Our room (225) had a heavy ethnic (maybe curry) smell which is nice in a restaurant and was acceptable for the short stay (smell was not in hall so assuming previous tenants had dinner in room that day). The wife found the maid's pink dyed cleaning rags (torn up old towels dyed pink to separate them in the wash from guest towels, I use to work in hotels too) between the toilet and the tub (sure they left in error when they had cleaned up room). Bathroom looked clean enough to not warrant a call or comment. No ice or snack machines on 2nd floor so you have to go to first floor or third floor if you need. Ice machine on three took a firm push to get the ice to dispense into the ice bucket (took a few jiggles to figure that out).

Breakfast in morning (got there a 8:45) is in a cramped alcove that shares with vending machine. Standard carb fest. Preformed gravy from a bag in the dingy crock pot had not had time to warm up so I put some blobs of it on the dry biscuit and popped in very small college dorm microwave and warmed up. Nothing great but then we did not pay a lot for the room so we are grateful for the start. Front desk lady (20's blond woman who was also refilling breakfast items) was very helpful and had offered to go across the street to get more juice of a lady when the machine ran out.

Overall I would say if you need a place to lay your head down for 8+ hours and get back on the road, this place will suit your need. Most likely will drive a little further north next year (make's second day of the road trip a little shorter) and spend $10-$20 more for a little nicer place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2012

first of all my husband and I planned a romantic get away for the night dinner movies the works. The dinner was great, the movie was great, when we got to the hotel our night began to plunder. The room was so gross. This was supposed to be the suite! There was strange substances smeared all over the walls, the mini fridge was dirty, there was a blue mattress on the ledge by the window that was stained with god knows what (looked like body fluids eeeewwwww) burn holes in the curtains and the floor.... Don't get me started. Needless to say, we were less then impresssed and pretty disgusted when we called the front desk to get our money back and they refused but promised us ten percent back upon departing. So we had to spend the night in that room. Hard to be romantic when your afraid to touch anything! Gross. I do not recommend this place to anyone who has a sense of hygiene. Not happy.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank desray567
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owatonna
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Owatonna
#8 of 8 in Owatonna
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Owatonna? Share your experiences!