Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Owatonna, MN
Oakdale Motel(Owatonna)
TripAdvisor
Best Budget Inn(Owatonna)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmovie theatergreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastgranolaclean roomsbreakfast barrecommend this hoteloff the highwaypool areaquick tripneeded anythingchocolate chip cookiessmall poolmany optionsmorning breakfasta great staywould stay here again
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a mostly good experience at this hotel. Everything was clean & comfortable. The service was excellent. Breakfast was good on Sat, but on Sun, it was so packed (Memorial weekend, so expected), there was nowhere to sit. One lady was nice enough to move her & her daughter since we had someone with us that was handicapped. The attendants couldn't keep the food (& utensils & cups) coming fast enough b/c there were so many kids and adults too. That was the only thing negative. Everything else was great!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank vwgn76
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Due to HORRIBLE weather on my way home from working out of the state, I pulled off the highway to stay for the night, stopped two other places before finding a room here. First off Jessica at the front desk greeted me with a warm smile and welcomed me right in. She was able to get me the last available room in the hotel for the night. The entire facility is clean and bright! Room was in wonderful shape and was above my expectations. I had less than stellar expectations, but was impressed by the great room and EXCELLENT customer service from Jessica, who called to check if all was ok and if I needed anything for my stay. Because I hadn't planned on staying the night, I didn't have any toiletries... One phone call to Jessica and I was greeted at my door with a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and even detergent for the guest washing machines! If I'm ever in the area again I will stop here in a heart beat!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KevinM55303
Reviewed April 16, 2013

As we travel to Owatonna each year for a show we have stayed in a less expensive hotel but this year we decided to upgrade to Carlson's Country Inn. Best thing we ever did! Quiet, clean, excellent breakfast and very friendly staff. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Satsoc
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It was as if my wife and I were placed in an empty room and instructed to build the perfect motel room. We would have built the very room we stayed in in Owatonna, MN.
Staff were friendly, efficient and accommodating.
Pool area was clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was filling with diverse food choices.
Country Inn & Suites will be our first choice place to stay from this point forward.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank marshallcrane
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Poor communication between staff. We got kicked out a night before we were supposed to leave town. We arrived on a Tuesday and told the front desk person that we would like to stay through Thursday (we originally booked Tuesday and Wednesday) night as well, he said that wasn't a problem and got our reservation in, pending a phone call from my company authorizing the credit card for an additional stay. Our company called on Wednesday and they authorized the card, I even double checked with another front desk person on Wednesday night that we were good to go, she said yes you are all set up. Wake up Thursday morning with a check out bill at our door and the hotel full, they told us they couldn't accommodate us as it was valentines day and were were forced to find another hotel in the area. There was two of us, and they did call me and say they had a cancellation and that we could share one room.

Being out of town on a business trip, this was a huge inconvenience, and it appeared the front desk people did not care one bit, including the manager. When I brought it to the front desk persons attention she seemed aggregated and frustrated with me, constantly sighing. We come to Owatonna a few times a month for business and will never be coming back to this place.

Also, there was black hairs all over my top sheet when i pulled the covers back (I have blond hair).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Owatonna, MN, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience while staying at our hotel. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right; my apologies for the miscommunication you feel occurred with our staff. Although you advised us of your extended stay plans, I was involved with the correspondence that occurred with your company in regard to the changes/authorization and was informed otherwise.
We strive to accommodate all guest requests within our available means; we appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Kelly Boomgarden