“Not as expected. ” 1 of 5 bubbles

Plaza Morena
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Owatonna
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mexican, Tex Mex and American Restaurant
Owatonna, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as expected. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I expected it to be FANTASTIC because it was number 1 on this website. I have never been there until a week ago and I will never go there again. My friends who have went there a few times said that I had to try their new restaurant ( They weren't to fond of the old one I guess ) So we went there were seated and order some nachos for an appetizer. They came out cold and cheese was overcooked. I over looked this small mistake and carried on, then when our waitress took our order I specified multiple times I did not want lettuce, sour cream, or rice. She then brought our food and gave me all rice no beans. After I explain what I ordered after being rudely cutoff numerous times she brought out a plate of beans for me. After we got done eating we were splitting the bill and were confused by a single charge we asked her what it was for and she said for the side plate of beans I had order. I asked her to remove it because I asked for no rice and it wasn't my fault she messed it up she argued that I got the rice and the beans and that she had to charge me for one or another. I asked to talk to her boss after explain what had happened for 15 minutes they got it cleared up. Least to say I'm not eating there again.

1 Thank 0samuel0
Jose H, Owner at Plaza Morena, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I'm really sorry to here that you had a bad experience in our restaurant, I hope you can change your mind and visit us again.
We are working hard to be more productive and make as much positive and happy experiences.
Our goal is to offer you the best experience, not the opposite.
José Herrera.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Incredible food at a Modest Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The fajita burrito was phenomenal...although it was big enough for two people! The staff was attentive and friendly. The restaurant (and restrooms) was clean and cheerful. I will definitely go back to try the rest of the items on their extensive menu!

• Visited October 2013
Chaska, Minnesota
“Mexican Food At Its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have been going to Plaza Morena since it first opened south of Owatonna. Now that they have a wonderful new Plaza Morena north of Owatonna, we are happy to say it is even better due to the atmosphere and space. Of course, the Mexican food is as always THE BEST! I normally order Chicken enchiladas or Vallarta Especial and I am never disappointed. The portions are great. The margaritas are very good too. Every time we are in Owatonna, we make a trip to Plaza Morena

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great meal and service!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a great dinner with friends, the food and the service was great! Plaza fajitas are fantastic and our server Kami did a great job, I look forward to stopping again the next time we are in owatonna.

Visited August 2013
“Perfecto!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

First time at the restaurant and it won't be our last!!!
Food was very good and our server Cami was AWESOME!!!

• Visited August 2013