“An OK hotel... but short on quality and Wifi” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Owatonna
Colorado
“An OK hotel... but short on quality and Wifi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Was in two on business. Hotel room was very good... but Wifi was not nill in the room. Only IF I went to the corner by the window could I pick-up the Comfort Inn across the parking lot.

Restaurant could not process credit cards for 3 days. Finally the hotel bathroom in the lobby was at the very least not clean.....

OK room... but hotel needs to update the wifi keep up on the maintenance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Owatonna, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

See my additional comments below. Do Not Stay at this property. Poor value and needs a total make over including Staff.. GM is the biggest issue. Pillows stink, Hosekeepers thro away your personal soaps. Towels are gray with many threads hanging. Wear foot coverings or your feet will itch next day. Stay on 4th floor or you will not sleep do to walking / ponding feet above you. Do not have a meal on property expensive...better meals at Smokehouse across street. Poor / no service in Holiday Inn. I discovered 15 major / minor issues requested GM to reply to my e-mailed listing and she will not reply. Note: I stay an average of 220 nights per year in motels / hotels...I know quality and I know poor quality.....this property is poor and I have warned you.

Room Tip: Stay on 4th floor if not you will hear the feet above you. This a water theme park property allot of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank p s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear p s,

Foremost, thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I want to assure you that this is not our standard. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera M
Case Manager
Minneapolis, mn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here while in town for a 5K. We live just 45 minutes away so have stayed here previously a few times. This time I needed to write a review. First the hotel itself has a very nice lobby. Our room was very nicely decorated and looked very clean and new. OUr kids are 11 and 8 so we head to the waterpark first thing. We got there about 4:30. The kids were off on the waterslides and having a blast. The water park does have a few nice, big slides the kids really enjoy and a little lazy river. My husband and I wanted to get a beer or drink from the cafe in the waterpark. It states clearly on the door to the waterpark NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES. The cafe did not look open so I went over and looked at the hours and it said Friday 4-10. It was 4:45. Several other people wandered over there with thier wallets, obviously looking to buy something. One asked a lifeguard if it was open and they just simply said "NO" and turned away. I went to the front desk and asked if it was going to open. He called down there and asked and then said to the person at the waterpark "And there is no reason?" he was told NO. It seemed crazy. They did tell me I could get a drink at the bar and bring it into the waterpark area. The kids were dissapointed though because they wanted hot pretzels and slushies for a vacation treat. Later that night somebody vomited in the pool (not the hotels fault) and they had to close the pool. So - we went into the 'game room' while we waited for it to re-open. We got $20 worth of tokens. At least 1/3 of the machines took our money and never worked. The others said you would get 'tickets' when you really didn't. It seemed very dirty too. There was a huge storm that night and the ceiling in the hallway by the waterpark was leaking. When we checked in we asked what time the resteraunt opened in the morning since you get free kids meals in there. We were told 6:30. That was perfect since we were headed to our 5K at 7:15. We got up and ready and packed the car and were in the lobby at 6:30 to get breakfast. The restaurant was not open. We waited until 6:45 and they never opened. We left and went to McDonalds. It was the icing on the cake that we will not return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear TJMA2009,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I am happy to hear your kids enjoy the water park.

I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve.

It is regretful to hear you have have decided not to return although you have been here before.
I want to assure you the concession stand being closed during business hours is not a common occurance. I do hope you reconsider and come stay with us again.

Case Manager
Janesville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Our family got together for the easter holiday at the waterpark located in the Holday Inn in Owatonna, MN. We went to Cabela's, which is a very short walk from the hotel. There are also several places to eat next to the hotel along with the restuarant connected to the hotel. Thoe rooms were large and very clean. The waterpark was fun but the basketball area was under repair while we were there so that was disappointing. The beds were comfey and we had a great nights sleep after playing all day at the waterpark. The only thing I wish was that the holiday inn chain started having a small breakfast in the mornings. The price was ok for the size of room we got, weekdays are cheaper than weekends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Monica E
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I wish my husband read the reviews of this hotel prior to our booking. We drove 40 minutes out of our way to stay at a hotel that had a "water park" for the kids (9 and 6). The pool was ok with a body slide and a tube slide with a few other features. The hotel and room were something other than desirable. The room was partially updated which made it feel very hodgepodge. The air conditioner did not work and the whole unit was replaced. The drapes were stained with food and the bathroom just felt unclean. The hotel did not seem well managed and did not maintain a good appearance. Staff were dressed sloppy which leads me to understand why the hotel was in the shape that it was in. When we contacted management about the uncleanliness of our room and status of the air conditioner. They just said that they would look into the problems, with no offer of switching rooms or a slight discount. Meal tickets for the attached restaurant were provided for the kids to eat free, but the menu was extremely limited and expensive for the limited types of offerings.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear wiggleworms,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Maynard, mn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

After changing my initial reservation, I called two days ahead to check on my reservation. I was told that all my reservation was cancelled. Since this was a family stay, we wanted a suite. There were none available, but I was able to get king rooms. Not much room for kids - they had to sleep on the floor. Elevators were filthy, one room the bathroom was not cleaned completely. They compted a free breakfast off room service menu. Unfortunately their room service menu was not available on weekends. Breakfast was only a buffet and not off menu. As many are aware, buffet's are not the best. Eggs were cold, but they did keep the food stocked. Water park was crowded and very hot room. Pool was cold tho. Guess not a good experience for us.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Karen H,

Thank you for your review . I am sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel to your satisfaction, and apologize for the problems you encountered. I appreciate that you have provided us with valuable feedback so that we may improve. Best wishes for future travels.

Hugo, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Had a fantastic time with the kids 3.5 and 1.5 yrs old. For the price-what a fabulous deal! Had a 2 queen bed room-very nice. Water park was great! Slide with tube was very fun with 3.5 yr old on lap. Kids loved the little slide. Even had kickborads to use. Restaurant food very good, for breakfast try the California omelet. Kids eat free-great deal. Will definately return! Very nice staff. Overall, very impressed and happy. Researched this water park and the Edgewater park in Duluth and decided to try this one, very glad we did!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owatonna
Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Owatonna
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna? Share your experiences!