Thumper Pond Resort
The Otter Lodge(Ottertail)
$85
Super 8 Perham(Perham)(Great Value!)
$100
$89
$77
Rodeway Inn(Fergus Falls)
$72
All reviewswater parklazy riverfront desklarge conference roomkids enjoyed the pool areahas great foodin excellent shapefree pizzapool deckgreat family funwedding receptionslept like a babybeautiful golf coursewonderful weekendnice resortgolf tripmini vacation
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Thumper Pond Resort last weekend with a group of family memebers. What a FUN Place! It was FABOULOUS! The staff was SUPER SUPER FRIENDLY! The Hotel and Rooms were clean, up to date and VERY SPACIOUS!!!
We played in the water park until it closed, it was clean, had two great water slides, a large lazy river, a very large whirlpool and a good sized little tots water park and a great snack bar! We also enjoyed playing two groups of foursome’s on the beautiful (but tight) golf course. My game was not so good but the course was Beautiful! The light up water fountain was right outside my room so I could see and hear it all night, Gorgeous! Beautiful Pine Trees line the property! We ordered fantastic food at Willy’s Tavern! Bottom line…I will suggest this property to everyone looking for a nice get away! I can’t say enough NICE things about Thumper Pond and hope to be back again!
VERY VERY NICE PLACE!!! Laura Goebel / BurschTravel

Room Tip: All rooms are clean, Large and comfortable! They have refrigerators, microwaves, sofa sleepers and blow dryers!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura G
ThumperPond, Guest Relations Manager at Thumper Pond Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2015

So are so extremely pleased that your experience was everything you hoped for. We like to thank you as well for the very kind review and recommendation, we value the product and service that we offer to our guest. Our product and the expectations we have for ourselves are held at such high standards and that reflection shows in your stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in July. We found the rooms were overpriced for the age of them. The room was very large and nothing special. The furniture is all chipped. There were crumbs under the corner of the bed on our floor. I just had to sit on the side of one bed to see them. I wasn't looking for them. They still have the old fashioned bed spread on the bed. It makes me wonder how old and clean they are since most hotels / resorts now use the comforter with a changeable duvet. Also, since we were there for a wedding I wish they offered a room without water park passes for a little less since we didn't use the water park. The wedding itself was wonderful and very nice. I was impressed with the food served at the wedding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NiceMN
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice large, quiet room. Our check in was quick and easy, staff at front desk was great.
Water park Friday night was awesome, staff was very pleasant and helpful.
Went to Willy's to order some food Togo for the kids, Rachel the hostess was great, let me know how long of a wait it would be so I could plan accordingly because they were busy.

Love the landscaping.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mandy L

Thank you so very much for our wonderful positive comments and review. We pride ourselves in the level of service that we know that guest expect when staying away from home especially the value. We hope that on your next return trip to Ottertail and Thumper Pond Resort will be everything and more as your first experience. Again Thank you for choosing Thumper Pond.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Rooms are dated/dark/extreamly overpriced. Bar serves average food no-more no-less. Wedding facility and personnel are well below my standards. Gazebo where my friends were married has chipped/missing stain. Thumper Pond cant afford to re-stain the gazebo once a year or they just dont care? The food servers for the wedding dinner dont smile but do knock your suit jacket off your chair then walk on it. I cut my foot in the waterpark and bleed around the pool then watched lifegaurds pour pool water on blood to mitigate the mess? Later that night I asked the front desk for a few Band-Aids and they told me to go to the gas station. The golf course is the only good thing about this place. This place is a total crap hole!!! The managent clearly dosnt care what people think as they continue to post the same responce every couple months. I highly recommend visiting another "Resort"!

Room Tip: Dont stay here if you have a choice!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed at Thumper Pond July 18-21st, and we were very disappointed in our stay. The rooms were large and clean, but those are about the only positive things I can say about the resort.

Our room had a wall unit air conditioner that "displayed" that the room was 65 degrees, but it was 74 degrees according to my thermometer. I was up all night every night trying to stay cool. Also 65 degrees is the lowest the room would go to on level 3. Now on the first level, where we visited a friend, the air conditioners go down to 60 degrees and were much more accurate regarding temperature. Apparently you need a suite to sleep comfortably.

If you want to take a hot shower, don't bother trying. The thermostat only allows for a "warm" temperature shower. Maybe the water park had hot water, but we didn't use it because there were always too many children to swim comfortably.

Two nights in a row, neither of our keys worked, and we didn't put them in a wallet or next to a cell phone, so I had to use the first floor bathroom while we waited, that was not stocked or clean and the front desk staff blamed it on the two housekeeping staff that didn't show up that Saturday.

When our new keys finally did work, our opening the door must have woken up a yippee dog that wouldn't stop barking in the room next to us so it was difficult to get rest that evening too.

The Willy T's restaurant was good depending on what you ordered, I heard some in our group say it was the worst service they had ever had, but our server was good.

Come here to golf. The greens were well kept, the beverage cart girl was always around, and it's a nice, challenging course. The club house staff was polite and informative as well. It's almost like the golf course and resort are owned by two different people because the resort is not well managed at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends