“A different touch in Rochester Minn.”
Review of Fisherman's Inn

Fisherman's Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Oronoco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were staying in Rochester overnight and decided to give Fisherman's Inn a try for dinner. It is a 15 to 20 minute drive north of Rochester but it is a beautiful drive. A little off the beaten path but that just added to the charm. Beautiful spot on bluff overlooking the lake. We were served by the co-owner Theresa and she was very helpful in explaining the menu. Beef was very well prepared. Fish on the menu but not local or fresh. Looking for a pleasant evening give this place a try. Not fancy but very wholesome.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Excellent wild caught walleye from Manitoba Canada and their filet mignon are from Hereford beef. Their salad bar had onion soup, coleslaw, beets, herring -- all very tasty. Our server, Shante was very friendly and very efficient. Excellent brandy alexanders - one of five specialty drinks-- made with ice cream! Window tables have views of the lake. Also reasonable priced.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

EVERY visit to Mayo's includes at least one trip to Fisherman's Inn. The Seafood Platter has NEVER disappointed. Great cooking; nice salad bar; salad bar includes great soups; great service; great view. Try this place !

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We thought it would be nice to go to a rural destination VS a city spot for a quiet dinner out on a Sat. In the past, the food has been very good here and with the name of "Fisherman's Inn" that leans toward a seafood type restaraunt. Our server was very good, plesant and prompt. They had a large party of 40 in a separate room , away from the main dining area, and that seemed to be going well too. Once we placed our order, we went up to the "Salad Bar:",...yuck. Very little if anything left, after the hoard had been through. They didn't replenish anything, which was really no big deal, as everything was either canned, processed, or bought. The only homemade item on the whole thing was the rolls (very good). The lettuce was a bagged type, canned peaches, canned pudding...you get my drift. The soup was "creamed tomato something" but I did not even try it. My hubby did and just called it "ok" Dinner was 6, 3 inch stuffed shrimp with augrautin potatos. No veggies on the side. This really made me wish for the Red Lobster , and again I was sad to go against my judgement and not go there instead. My husband odered Ribs/walleye, with both servings quite small. He called it "ok" again...sigh. Not bad food, just not that great, and quite expensive. This is a great place to go in the summer, order a burger and watch the waterski show. We won't be back to eat a dinner out here in along time.

2  Thank RedneckCowgirl
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I preface this review by saying, I write this after being to this restaurant several times. I moved into a house on the lake a few months ago, I have brought family and friends here, and every time I leave feeling embaressed for taking people here. The hostesses have been rude and disrespectful every single time I have come in. One time laughing when i came with a table for 7, "do you have a reservation?!?!?" "um, no." "ha! well youre going to have to wait then..." At this point over half the restaurant was empty. 7 people is NOT that many! you would think the reaction would be "yippie!!! 7 people are going to eat our $h*tty, overpriced food!" They reserve tables and treat the regulars like royalty, and if they don't recognize you, you might as well be the homeless person living in their bathroom, because that's how they will treat you. The Sunday brunch is good, otherwise the food is marginal at best. And WAY WAY WAY overpriced for the service and quality. The building itself is outdated and disgustingly dirty. This place has so much potential, its sad that it just sits there until wednesday nights when people come out for the ski show. It's really too bad they are so rude to their customers because I definitely live close enough to make this a regular visit. But I wont waste my time or money on this place ever again, I'll go to the pondy or uncle johns.

2  Thank Katelynnmk