“Loved Grand Casino Mill Lacs”

Grand Casino Mille Lacs
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Onamia
Sisseton, South Dakota
Reviewed June 28, 2005

We had a great time at Mill Lacs Grand Casino!!! We didn't have any problem checking into the hotel. Our room was wonderful!! My husband went down to the casino and the first machine, his first pull he won $300.00!
It was fantastic!!! We had alot of fun!! We both did well!! It was fun to win right away!! We really relaxed and had a good time. And the town of Onamia is very nice small town. I forgot a prescription at home and the drugstore there helped me out!! They called my drugstore at home and they were able to fill my prescription!! They really saved our trip from ending to early!! We both would recommend Grand Casino Mill Lacs to everyone!!!

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Apple Valley, MN
Reviewed March 21, 2005

My 18 year old daughter, two of her friends and I just got back from Grand Casino after an overnight trip to the Casino. We had gotten three rooms which were fine-a queen room, a gathering room and a king bed room. They were fine especially when we got INTERNET PRICES, However the microwave didn't work to pop popcorn, the refrig had ice built up for atleast three weeks. But the true kicker was at 6:40 AM banging, pounding all sorts of noises awoke us from our sleep. It wasn't kinda of bad is was REALLY BAD> We called to the desk and they said oh we are remodeling on the Fourth floor-we were on the second.. I got dressed and the girls and I went up to THIRD floor right above us and it looked like a war zone. Dust flying, carpeting being ripped up, door off the hindges, hammers pounding on the floor. I questioned the workers at 7:10 is this necessary and the reply was-Sorry Lady.. We need to get this done. When we checked out--at 8:00AM, I told the supervisor at the desk about it and she did take some money off-NOT THE WHOLE PRICE and said well we just can't judge how speedy the workers will be.. I said this is a hotel and a casino, a place to stay up late and sleep in.. Especially teenagers.. Not sure if I will go back, certainly not SOON. ASK before checking in Are they remodeling in the area where you will be staying.. Hope you have a better night sleep then we did..

• Stayed: March 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed March 8, 2005

My fiance and I recently stayed at the Grand Casino and Hotel over Valentines Day. What a waste of money. We didnt get checked in until 2 hours later than we were supposed to. When we checked in to our room, our card key would NOT work. We had them fix it at the front desk 3x. We were finally told that our door was probably just picky and to keep swiping it. Keep in mind, we then had to sweep our card 20-30x each time we wanted to get back in our room. When entering our room for the first time, the floor was littered w/ beer bottle tops from the previous guest. The whirlpool. looked nice and big, however, was missing tiles, which were just laying there next to the tub. The bathroom was is gross condition. Brown stuff all over the wall. (I can only imagine what that was!) and sinks looked that that of a single bachelor! I was very happy when we finally checked out the next day. However, unhappy when I saw they had over charged my Visa card by $160.00... Dont worry.. It only took me calling 6 (without getting my call returned) and 9 days for them to the put the money back on my card. Bottom line... unless you want to be let down, especially by their "managers" I wouldnt recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mound, MN
Reviewed August 2, 2004

I had a bachelor party there, and it was the best, we golfed at Izayt's, then partied in the pool, hot tub, casino and everthing was there so we did not have to leave to worry about drinking and driving. EXCELLENT OVERALL, and peaceful up in the North woods of minnesota!!! :)

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 19, 2004

My wife and I stayed at Grand Casino Mille Lacs while on the road coming back from a family reunion. We have had several good expereiences with the sister casino in Hinckley, MN and were expecting a similar result here. It was not even close!

First of all, the rooms were very drab and plain. We got what was supposedly an "Upgraded King" room, which was simply an average room with a King bed and very empty walls. To add insult to injry, the power went out in the middle of the night; obviously the backup generators weren't sufficient as our alarm clock was blinking in the morning.

As for the casino, don't even go there. We both lost all of our money on the nickel slots there in less than an hour--$60 apiece--and we don't even bet the maximum on each spin, not even close.

We ate breakfast at their Northwoods grill, it was OK, but nothing of major note. Prices are reasonable, however, and considering that there is nowhere else to seriously eat nearby, it works.

Overall, a disappointing stay. If you want to go to one of the Grand Casinos in Minnesota, I strongly suggest the sister casino in Hinckley.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed January 6, 2004

We recently spent one night at the Grand Casino Hotel in Mille Lacs, MN. We thought it would be a good opportunity to stay at a nice hotel and be able to gamble without venturing outside in the cold winter temps. We had several other family members that would be staying there also (in separate rooms), so I had booked a jacuzzi suite ahead of time. As the jacuzzi suites have a living area as well as bedroom, this would give us all some extra space to sit and chat. When we arrived I found that the suite we had been assigned did not have the fireplace that I had been told it would. I called the front desk and was told that all the suites with fireplaces were booked, so I was offered a sizeable discount instead. This more than made up for having no fireplace! The suite was very spacious. The living area had a large TV (with cable), two loveseats, a coffee table, a small round table with two chairs, a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bedroom (separated from the living area by french doors) was truly impressive, with a king bed, large TV, huge bathroom, 4-person jacuzzi and separate large shower stall. Only drawback to the suite was that there was no bureau, only a closet area with hangers, but as we were only staying one night we did not need drawer space anyway. The room was spotless and the furnishings comfortable and stylish. It was also nice being being able to take the elevator and walk just a short distance to the casino. Other amenities included at the hotel is an indoor pool and spa, although we didn't use it. Room service/take out was available from the restaurants located in the casino at very reasonable prices. There was considerable construction going on to expand the hotel at the time we were there, so the views from most of the rooms was not that great, but then again the grey, overcast weather didn't make anyone want to look out the window too much anyway. Overall, we were very (very) satisfied with our stay at the Grand Casino and will not hesitate to stay there again in the future.

39  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onamia
Eddy's Resort
McQuoid's Inn & Event Center
40 Club Inn
40 Club Inn
#2 of 2 in Aitkin

Been to Grand Casino Mille Lacs? Share your experiences!