“OUR MINI VACATION TO GRAND CASINO MILLE LACS”

Grand Casino Mille Lacs
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Onamia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The staff was very friendly and knowledgable in checking us in and out at the end of our stay. They were also excellent at telling us what was going on and the special promotions on these dates. The room had a king size bed everything was very nice and clean and well kept We found the people that worked at the casino to be very friendly and talkative. The ladies, Kathy and Lucy, in the giftshop were awesome and so very interesting to visit and joke with!!!!! They really enjoy their jobs and it showed!!!! Kathy and Lucy were very helpful and so very friendly. We felt like we knew them......a lot like family.....only better!!!!! Dillian, a manager, was so helpful and pleasant to visit with also. The shoppette(grocery store) was very nice to look around in and we bought some salmon
from there before leaving for home. The whole experience was such a pleasant mid-winter get-
away. We really enjoyed it!!!!!!! We will be coming back soon.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now.....if only Fred could guide us to the winning machines!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Dustin G, Manager at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Betty541,

Thank you for your review of your stay at our property! We are extremely happy to hear from our guests when they have an excellent experience, especially when our team members stand out! I will make sure I pass along your feedback to the retail team (Kathy, Lucy and Dillon) and let them know how much they rock!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife was pretty excited about spending her birthday at Lac Mills casino. The casino has a poor ventilation system which you could smell our our third floor. Our suite was wonderful and we enjoyed it very much. After a bit the night was cut short as I became nauseous and the smell and the heat of the casino made me feel quite ill. We return to our suite were I slept and my wife watched TV Loudly. I woke up at 3 am to see my wife up unable to sleep because of a disturbance that went on for too long and resulted in the police getting involved. The Hotel did not ask how are stay was as they rushed us though the process of checking out of our room that was next door to the mayhem. In summary I am very sorry that what i thought was going to be a great stay.........was not.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dustin G, Manager at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Hello Stuart M.,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations to give you a pleasurable experience while visiting Grand Casino Mille Lacs.

Our hotel property designates all common areas and a large portion of our rooms as non-smoking and we strictly enforce that requirement. Our gaming floor does allow smoking in designated areas. Since our property is completely interconnected, it is possible to smell smoke while passing through the property to gain access to other areas. We apologize for that experience and are looking at ways to better accommodate both non-smokers and smokers on the property. I also would like to apologize that you were unable to get a good night’s sleep while visiting. We continually enforce quiet hours in hotel rooms and corridors and apologize that it appeared to you as though we did not value your patronage.

We strive to create a positive, fun and safe experience for everyone and we want to make sure you are no different. We would like to make this up to you and encourage you to come back and try us again. Please allow us to make this right for you by contacting me at 320.532.7777. Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you will come give us a try again!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I received a complimentary offer to stay at Grand Casino Mille Lacs Hotel. We were very pleased with the service we received. The reservationist was very helpful, our check- in was seamless and the room accommodations were very nice. The hotel is very clean and tastefully decorated. We later dined at the Grand Northern Grill however, our experience was very disappointing. My husband ordered the barbeque ribs, I ordered the lobster tail. Our food was poor quality, the ribs were burnt with very little meat. My lobster tail was over cooked and chewy. We requested that my husbands ribs be replaced, the second order arrived, they were fatty with very little meat. We have dined at the Grand Northern Grill on more than one occasion and have been disappointed with the quality of food. Our bill exceeded $55.00 ( including $10 tip) for two dinners and one beverage (Hot tea). I am rating the food extremely disappointing. Our overall experience was very pleasant. We will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We were given a premier king room, it was spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy C
Dustin G, Manager at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Nancy C.,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations to give you a pleasurable experience while visiting Grand Casino Mille Lacs.

We strive to create a positive, fun and relaxing experience for everyone and I want to make sure you are no different. I shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage team and we would like to make this up to you by encouraging you to come back and try us again. Please allow us to make this right for you by contacting me at 320.532.8217. Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Thanks for a great stay at Grand CAsino. Brandon at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We had a great deal on a very nice room. The casino was nice and a good selection of games to play. We will definately be coming back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aimee D
Dustin G, Manager at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Aimee D.,

Thank you for your review of your stay at our property! We are extremely happy to hear from our guests when they have a great experience, especially when one of our team members stand out! I will make sure I pass along your feedback to Brandon and let him know you appreciated his friendliness and helpfulness!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

For the past 15 years my family has come up to the casino for 2 nights between Christmas and New Years. (That is our Christmas gift to ourselves) Well we always try to get a Parlor room with both adjoining rooms and another one close. (4 rooms total) Because the Casino won't guarantee these rooms at reservation time - it's always a process at check in to try and get these rooms. This year Pam was the lady that checked us in and she was AWESOME!! It went so smoothly. I usually dread the check in process but she made it go so smoothly. Kudos to PAM!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sheila R

Dear Sheila R.,

Thank you for the review of your stay at our property! We absolutely love hearing from our guests who have a great experience while visiting us!

Pam has been with our team for many years and has demonstrated how hard each of our associates work to accommodate our guests needs. Sometimes these regular acts go unnoticed, so I thank you very much for recognizing the efforts! I will definitely pass along your feedback and make sure to give her lots of well-deserved recognition for providing such awesome service!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was, frankly, the event that did not happen. I used my cell phone to reserve 3 rooms, side-by-side, for a group that never materialized. We never showed up. Nevertheless, Grand Casino Mille Lac went ahead and charged me for the 3 unused rooms. But when I requested that the charges be reversed, it was the hotel Director, Rebecca Purington, who recognized my plight, and took care of everything. She reversed the charges and reinstated my lost appreciation for corporate America. I had thought that everyone, everywhere, had abandoned personal intelligence, and turned all decision-making over to robotic computers. But Rebecca has restored my faith in humanity, again, when she made the intelligent decision to "uncharge" the charges which were never used. I'll return to Grand Casino someday when I can truly stay there!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven J
Dustin G, Manager at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Steven J.,

Thank you for the review of your experience with our hotel property. I would like to apologize that you experienced issues with your credit card being billed. I am however very happy that Becky was able to help you with the situation.

Becky has been with our company for over 12 years and continually demonstrates to our team what customer service truly is. She uses her own unique voice as a leader within our team to make sure her associates and our guests are treated more authentic and more human. I will make sure I pass along your feedback to Becky and let her know you appreciate her efforts!

Additionally, we strive to create a positive experience for everyone and I want to make sure you are no different. I would like to make this up to you and encourage you to come and try out our property. Please allow me to make this right for you by contacting me at 320.532.8217. Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Recently checked into the hotel and Nicole was the check in person. Wow fast courteous service. No one wants to stand in a line and Nicole's efficient manner made the wait time almost zero. This girls deserves a lot of praise.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bonnie F

Dear Bonnie F.,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you had a great experience at our property!

Nicole has been with our team for a number of years and has continually worked hard to be efficient within our property management system. I am pleased to hear she helped make your experience special! I will make sure I pass along your feedback and let her know you recognized her efforts!

We appreciate hearing back from you and value your patronage! See you soon on your next visit to Grand Casino Mille Lacs!

VP Hotel & Retail

Also consider these accommodations in or near Onamia
Eddy's Resort
McQuoid's Inn & Event Center
40 Club Inn
40 Club Inn
#2 of 2 in Aitkin

Been to Grand Casino Mille Lacs? Share your experiences!