“Surprisingly nice, clean, comfortable - and FUN!”

Grand Casino Mille Lacs
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Onamia
Reviewed December 7, 2011

The hotel staff were pleasant and accommodating. The room was well-kept, the amenities were very nice. I would make a return trip to this hotel any time. The fact that it was attached to the casino, was an added plus. While not a big gambler, I do have a Rewards Card and, as such, had received a birthday coupon for a $10 overnight stay. Who could resist checking it out! I am particularly impressed by the towels (I hate paper thin towels that are fraying and tattered). None of that here! The room had a king sized bed and a mini fridge. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It seemed first-class to me.

Room Tip: Our room was in the "tower" wing and was advised by the check-in desk that those were a bi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sharileet

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Came here in June 2011 to stay over night with the hubby and kids. Amazing pool area and amazing chicken wild rice soup in the cafe area. The hotel staff is a little rude. It would not keep me from coming here, they just don't seem very welcoming & are not exactly 'people pleasing'. I have heard that many times though with an Indian casino ( not trying to be insulting, as I have had many many positive experiences at TI and Grand Casino Hinckley). There is not any alcohol allowed in the casino area but they do let you bring it to your room. I also drink a mixed beverage out of a water bottle in the casino area and no one said anything to me. Over all was a nice experience and would go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mommyto4blessings
Reviewed November 14, 2011

how much can you say about bed bugs. spent the vetrans day weekend and had to deal with bed bugs on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: keep you bags up high on shelves or bagge racks, check room before bringing you luggage in.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank paintguys
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were looking for a nice clean room and a little fun at the casino. That is exactly what we got and at a very good price. We have a rewards card and it saved us money on the room and also on dining. We ate at the Grill and it was reasonable and tasty. We will be going back. The casino is much like any other casino.

Room Tip: Get the Rewards card and save a little money!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Took advantage of a fairly good internet room night. Midweek for $59 + taxes. This was my first time at this casino and the hotel is reflective of the condition and feel of the casino. The room was clean, had a VERY comfy, deep plush bed, linens and pilows - it really was the highlight of the entire stay! It was also very quiet - but this was a Wednesday night. Checkin advised us we could save a few dollars more if we joined the free casino club (which we did). Staff was very nice, personable and checkin went smoothly. The entire place seemed under staff and they could use more! The casino area was messy, lots of full ash trays, used cups and the casino machines were in desperate need for a good wipe down! YUCK.

The hotel room was furnished ok - but cheap. The bathroom ammenities were sparse and cheap - styrofoam cups, very small toiletries. Bathroom was lacking any type of fan. The bed was worth the room cost and more! But I don't think I'll be back since the casino really was in poor condition and needing attention and more cleaning staff.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe non-smoking king. We asked specifically for a comfy bed, quiet location and we got t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Junglejody
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My husband and I went up in late September to see the colors of fall. We were very pleased with everything. Thought the bed was very comfortable. Most of all the rooms were very quiet. I never heard a thing. It was a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JanetS0314
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Got a room there awhile back and it was the worst casino experience I've ever had.
First thing the staff was very rude, a pit boss (college drop out) by the name of Todd kicked me off a table for saying god damn. Wow really?? Guess 8 dollars an hour makes you feel powerful. The rest of the staff either ignored or rudely responded to anything you ask. The place was garbage and I needed a drink to get through it... oh yeah dry casino ... lame!!! I think Todd needs a drink to cool off.

• Stayed: May 2011
8  Thank gamblindude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onamia
Eddy's Resort
#3 of 5 in Onamia
The Red Door Resort & Motel
Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort
McQuoid's Inn & Event Center

Been to Grand Casino Mille Lacs? Share your experiences!