“good stay in bad weather”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Northfield
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Northfield
Wichita Falls, Texas
“good stay in bad weather”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Due to the horrible ice & snow...we made a pit stop for the evening in Northfield. we stayed at the americas best value, we were welcomed with hot coco & had a nice WARM stay (it was artic freezing out!) , the kids enjoyed the pool & breakfast was good.. i was happy with it

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kelly j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Prairie Village, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Both times the ownership has bent over backwards to make my stay pleasant. I have chosen it because it is lower priced and I'm in town to spend time with my daughter while she is in college - would rather spend $$ on her than a hotel room. Now I'll choose it because the owners are so very nice and accommodating. And, breakfast included homemade donuts. Hard to beat that.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryAnn M
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for a few months...im still staying here for at least another month while my husband is working on a job here .I dont usually do this review thing but .Im in the hotel all day almost everyday..& i get bored so I thought i would see what others have wrote about my "current home" & to be honest Im shocked.its crazy how everyone is reviewing as the experts!I have had no major problems , the housekeeping is good...I visit with the front desk staff almost daily & it's like a home away from my own...I also get the chance to visit with other people that stay from all over the world & most everyone seems happy , i dont hear people complaining & ruinning for the doors as some of the other reviews say.....I personally like it here one of the best hotels I have stayed at & I have been on the road for many years with my husband. I would come back & reccommend

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashley m
Northfield, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

stayed several months due to work, from the beginning hated it. Room was very small not even the normal size of a hotel room. Heater would never shut off and blew cool air longer than warm air, so didn't even use the heater used my own. Never once did I use cold water because the hot water was never even hot enough to use cold water. Lots of ants in the bathroom and it is winter at the time hate to see what summer would be like. Room clean enough and staff friendly that's the only positive. Rented a seperate room one night for family to come visit and they couldnt use the room until bed time due to the fact that no one turned on the heating even knowing it was going to be occupied for the night...$80 something for renting and when they were told the next morning no one seemed to care about it. Won't recommend this hotel to anyone, only stayed that long due to it was the cheapest in the area for monthly renting which was twice as much as what I payed in the last spot I was at.

Room Tip: Rooms with just one queen bed are very small and bring your own heating unit.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
wilton, ct
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was staying alone for a quick over nighter and liked the cheap rates. The place is a little dated and smells of stale cigarette smoke. The staff (I only saw someone at the desk) was friendly enough, but couldn't accommodate an hour's later checkout, even for an additional charge.
I took a shower which set off the room's smoke alarm. I had to call the desk for them to be notified, disturbing.
There was a window heating/cooling unit. I set the temperature to 71F and it started to blow cold air. I turned off the unit and the room was warmer without the "heater" on, but effectively no temperature control for the room.
It's a two story hotel with no elevator.
On the plus side, the quilt was an old fashioned patchwork pattern, the bed was acceptable, the tv was a CRT unit, but worked fine. I was grateful for the free WiFi. I usually take it for granted but wasn't too sure after my initial impression.
The coffee maker is on in the lobby 24/7. The breakfast is mostly carbs, some boiled eggs, and bananas. I didn't try the food, but took a banana.
I'd requested a non-smoking room, but the hotel reeked of stale cigarette smoke.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jskim
Naperville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed three nights and had a handicap accessible room
The room was clean and everything worked. There was no
microwave, fridge or coffee maker in the room. The clerk
said there are no coffee makers in the motel. There is also
no decaf coffee served here for breakfast, but McDonalds
is a half mile away and Perkins is next door. Sunday morning
breakfast was very busy and they had run out of hard boiled eggs
by 7:30 am when I went for breakfast. The sweet rolls and biscuits
were of good quality at breakfast. I would have liked decaf coffee or else
a coffee maker in the room. The lighting in the bathroom was
low level and could be improved. Overall I was satisfied with the motel
as a good value for Northfield Mn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe H
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Wi-Fi had problems in the evening but better in the morning....large room two queens beds...fridge, microwave no coffee maker, fridge placed down on the carpet, old tube TV,
iron and iron board, pool, jaccuzi, quiet location handy to stores, helpful staff, good air con, heating window can open for fresh air, clean and tidy room and bathroom, window curtain need=s a curtain guard to stop it blowing out when air fan is switched on..... extra bedside table required, bathroom exhaust fan is very dirty and needs cleaning.....breakfast is very good, tea, coffee, juice, fruit, toast, scones and gravy, waffles, boiled eggs, cereal, ilk, very good..
Yes i would stay here again....

Room Tip: ask for large room and check price first before taking it..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Russell E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northfield
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Northfield? Share your experiences!