“My Like/Dislike Relationship with Quality Bakery”

Quality Bakery & Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Northfield
Reviewed March 22, 2014

One of the nicest men in Northfield is tucked away in the kitchen at Quality Bakery, making first-rate baked goods. He comes out front once in awhile, in flour-covered baker's whites, to refill his coffee cup and greet customers. I love his creations at QB so much that I've learned to put up with the weird customer service. I think all at QB are good people who work hard and support the community. But for the life of me I can't figure out why they don't understand that picking out fabulous doughnuts is half the pleasure of the visit! Their impatience with my indecision is never well-concealed. This morning I was waited on by a young staffer who already has his own brand of weird customer service. I started making my choices, but he just looked at me, waiting for me to choose more. Was he getting a read on what size bag to get out or whether it was going to call for a box? Why didn't he ask how many I was getting? Was he trying to impress me with his powers of recall? The only thing that impresses me is if you get my order right. I got home and two of the doughnuts I asked for were not in the bag. Lose/lose. I didn't get all my doughnuts; they didn't make a bigger sale. Was I charged for them? I'll never know. This is all the fuss I'm going to make about it. Hey, here's an idea from the Mexican bakeries: Put items chosen on a small tray or pizza pan until we say, "That's it!" Then you'll know what size packaging to use. QB, I love you, but why do you make it so hard?

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Was in town on work and stopped for a couple bakery treats and they looked wonderful. Order up an Apple Fritter with Raisins and a Danish with Cream Cheese total cost $ 3.05. On so delicious the Apple Friter was full of raisins super and my gosh was a treat having a real Danish. SUPER!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I feel bad calling this an average or very good bakery. I'd love to say it's excellent. Because the service is so above average, it's amazing! As a long distance mom of a Carleton student, I wanted to send our son a cake or cupcakes for his birthday each year. Here's the amazing part: I would call Quality Bakery, order the cake, then try to pay with a credit card. Well, they don't accept credit cards. Having waited until just a few days before our son's birthday, I was in a panic. No worries, they told me., Just send us a check.

That's right. They went ahead and delivered the cake or cupcakes. Before they got my check. Pretty trusting and amazing in today's world.

So, while the pastries are mostly typical bakery pastries, nothing real special, the service is extra special. And for that reason, I kept sending our son birthday treats from Quality Bakery.

1  Thank Robin97229
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We loved the Bakery - we bought fruitcake which was just delicious. We took it to the Cannon River Winery and had it with a glass of wine. The scones and cranberry pecan crimp bread were the best.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Everything we tried was delicious, the iced chocolate brownie-cookie, the chocolate donuts, the apple fritters, and their cookies. Very friendly, helpful, and informative customer service. We were made to feel like friends, not strangers. Would definitely return.

1  Thank bookinbiker