“Seriously? Best Mexican? People need to get out more.”
Review of El Tequila Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

El Tequila Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We went to El Tequila because of the other reviews. Pretty funny! I've had better salsa from our co-op deli. Every Mexican place I've ever been to in the Twin Cities had better food. I really shouldn't complain about how fast the food came out, but there is NO way the meal was freshly prepared for us. Perhaps I should've had the fajitas, but I won't go back. They DID serve some strong drinks, though. Our server was friendly, but the rest of the help seemed kinda annoyed by our presence. I'd recommend to a friend for some fast/cheap food.

2  Thank r0b1nh00d
There are newer reviews for El Tequila Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed April 7, 2011

I agree with the other reviews. Service ok, food is very good and the salsa is outstanding. You can buy and take the salsa home with you. I drive 25 miles to go to this place and consider it the best Mexican restaurant that I know of.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

There's nothing really wrong with El Tequila. I stop in every now and then and enjoy tacos or enchiladas or whatever. I never get the feel, though, that the people there feel terribly invested in the place's success. Maybe the actual proprietor spends most of his/her time at one of the other locations.

Reviewed March 13, 2010

We drive 40 miles from MPLS just for their salsa.The fijutas are excelent . By far the best Mexican restaurant we have been too in MN.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Farmington, Minnesota
Reviewed December 10, 2008

Worth a visit for the salsa alone; I'm ticked the El Tequila in Farmington closed ...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook