“Be warned! Closing is not seating.”
Review of Chapati

Chapati
Ranked #9 of 53 Restaurants in Northfield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Cuisine of India located in the Archer House River Inn in the heart of Northfield, Minnesota. We serve a selection of traditional Indian dishes as well as several of our own creation. Wine and beer available. Lunch buffet. Rang Jamaye! Enjoy!
Reviewed August 18, 2013

By the smells coming from the kitchen indicate Chapati is very promising.

The sign outside says the restaurant closes at 9 PM. Going at 8:45 PM you find out that seating stops @ 8:30.

Now that doesn't smell so good.

1  Thank Castrolandia

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Enjoy the Indian cuisine. We repeat visit here every time we visit our daughter at St O. The tandori shrimp is outstanding.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We enjoy Indian food, and make many things at home. I order lamb at the restaurants since I haven't yet tackled cooking it. I was disappointed in my lamb after the appetizers were so good.
The restaurant was very busy as this was a festival weekend, but I would think they knew as down town streets were blocked off etc. I'm eating my leftovers but I wouldn't recommend to a friend.

1  Thank salsa28
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Reasonably priced, nice interior in historic Archer House hotel. Extensive Indian menu. Tandoori chicken is outstanding - very moist and flavorful. Also try the Alu Naan with pistachios nuts.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Next door to The Archer House is Chapati, a deservedly popular Indian restaurant. I must admit that the notion of finding yummy Indian food in Northfield, MN. seemed, well, a bit foreign. Give it a try ... I ate there a number times during my visits to see our son at Carleton. The food was always delicious and plentiful (helpful when dining with college students, especially student athletes!). At times the service was a bit slow, but it was always busy, so I figured they were moving as fast as they could.

It has a charming feel to it: tables are scattered throughout several rooms, as the restaurant was once part of a house or hotel. Even if full, it wasn't too noisy. The smells ... well, I wish they had cooking classes. And you typically run into one of your student's friends and his or her family also enjoying a welcome change from dorm dining!