“Terrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Seating, Takeout
Minneapolis
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We waited around for some time before someone decided to wait on us (three people behind the counter, but no one interested in actually waiting on someone). When we did get served, I felt as if we were a bother. I ordered a simple green tea and, after being asked, chose to have it iced. The server poured it out of a pitcher labeled "Mango." When I asked if it was green tea (it didn't look like green tea), I got an abrupt "YES." It wasn't green tea; it was mango. I decided at that point to live with mango rather than deal with the disinterested, surly service.

Try somewhere else.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank LB6Travel

Wisconsin
“Great local place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I loved the iced vanilla lattes and muffins. Classic college-town, local coffee house and bakery. Nothing to write home about, but it made my visit much nicer (after escaping from the Country Inn each morning).

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Mexico
“Healthy sense of humor required”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We ordered some coffee and pastries---when I got to the register I was told cash or check only. So I went down the street, got some cash and came back. My husband and daughter had stayed behind and had heard someone who worked there make a snide comment about the drinks left on the counter. When I came back, paid for the drinks and pastries, and sat down at a table, the vibe was not good. Compared to most of the other places we visited in Northfield this place seemed the most unfriendly---maybe folks are just over-caffeinated! :-) The pastries were good, the coffee was surprisingly not. So I don't recommend this coffee place to anyone without a good sense of humor, or if you're picky about your coffee.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Indiana, USA
“Great coffe and a warm friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

My daughter and I stopped hhere after touring Carleton College, and it was the perfect end to a great trip. The lattes were the best we have had anywhere, and the berry Coffee cake was so good I had to force myself to leave before I could go back for seconds! They have fast friendly service and the room was very relaxed and had several tables of two or three chatting, and just as many tables of people sitting alone working on papers or reading. It was really the perfect college town coffee shop and the prices are well below that huge soul-less chain coffee shop that I shall not name, but often go to for lack of options. I will spend many visit mornings here if my daughter chooses to enroll at Carleton. Blue Mondays has my vote for great food and drink and a hard to obtain down-to-earth goodness.

Visited April 2012
Caen
“Greetings from France”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

While I was studying in Northfield last year, I would always end up, when y mind was full of academic austere material, at the Blue Monday to replenish my brain fuel with a taste of one of the coffees that are available here. A very quiet yet animated place to take a break or enjoy a nice afternoon with friends and colleagues. Congratulations from a former alien still remembering the smell of French roast ;)

• Visited April 2011