“Froggy Bottom has gotten much better”

Froggy Bottoms River Pub & Lily PADio
Ranked #18 of 52 Restaurants in Northfield
Cuisines: American
Description: The authentic spiral staircase welcomes all ages to enjoy a variety of great appetizers, wraps, burgers and voted Southern Minn Scene’s “Best place for Fries” in 2015 & "Best Bloody Mary 2016 and 2017". "Best Happy Hour 2017" Open seasonally and for special catered events, Froggy Bottom’s adjoining Lily PADio awarded “Best Patio” in 2015, 2016 & 2017 is a great place to enjoy the views of Downtown Northfield against the Cannon River. The Lily PADio is also a great place to enjoy some of Minnesota’s best acoustic singers & songwriters every weekend throughout the spring, summer and fall.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had eaten at Froggies four or five times several years ago and stopped going because the menu was poor, the food wasn't real good, and the manager was "in over his head." I was coerced into going there last night and I was pleasantly surprised. The menu, although still not large, had been seriously improved and when the food came, the servings were certainly more substantial then I remembered. It was a quiet night and the bar maid was also the only waitress, and she was nothing short of great. Quite honestly, she made the big difference in how I perceived this place.

The food was good - much, much better then I remembered. The service was very good and very outgoing. Quite honestly, a place that has an outstanding location lived up to its potential. I'm going back there again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Within the City of Northfield reside 2 colleges – Carleton College and St. Olaf College. It seems to us that college towns support various styles and types of bars & restaurants. Having enjoyed our collegiate experiences and wanting to commemorate them, we gravitated to this little Beer & Burger Pub. Located in the basement of a 3-story commercial building, one descends down an iron spiral staircase to enter the establishment. Froggy’s has a charm & quaintness all its own. The building itself is located right on the Cannon River. In September 2010, the establishment was flooded ankle-deep. Several months later, it re-opened for business. Friendly barkeepers and wait staff have served us many lunches. The food is pedestrian and generally well-prepared. The tap beers change with the season. Autumn Saturdays are the most fun, as the college sports games & related outdoor activities are piped in via cable and displayed on several large screen TVs. Perhaps we’ll see you there.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is your average college town place and average pub food. The hamburger was very good as were the fries. The service was not so great! Granted, she was flirting with a group of four men who were clearly having a good time with them. Little did she realize we would probably tip far more than what they would do combined!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Froggy Bottoms for some drinks and appetizers on a Friday in July. We sat outside on the patio right next to the river, which was excellent! The patio is small though, probably about 7 small tables with two chairs each, so if you want to make sure you are able to sit outside you will want to get there a little early. We got there about 6:00 or so and there were two tables left.

I wasn't able to give a 5 rating because we only had appetizers and I don't know how good their "regular" food is. What I can say is that the bull bites we had were pretty good and the onion rings were fabulous. Also, if you are a beer connoisseur you will not be disappointed. They had many craft beers on tap and in the bottle. I had a 23 oz Arrogant Bstrd for about $5.50. If you are familiar with AB ale you know that you barely see it anywhere and that $5.50 for 23 oz is a great deal. Service was good too. We will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a nice dinner on the patio at Foggy Bottoms. We have dined there before and know the food is good! Love their spot right on the river. The patio is not spacious, but you feel lucky to get a table out there! Service is good, drinks are good and the food is good--what more can you ask?