“Great update”

Ole Store Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ole Store Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Northfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has been totally redone when purchased by the people who own the Tavern restaurant in Northfield.
My husband ordered the special which was a ribeye steak served with blue cheese potatoes. What a treat! The steak was cooked perfectly as ordered. My barbeque ribs were wonderful.
The wine list is great with many offerings.
This place is a great addition to Northfield ss there are no other upscale restaurants in town.
My only negative is the new owner retained the name of the old restaurant which doesn't fit this place at all. The name should be changed.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I eat dinner at the Ole Store probably 2-3 times a month and we just love this place. The food is always consistently good and most of the wait staff is excellent. The wine list is quite good and very, very reasonably priced (another resetaurant we often go to sells a bottle of wine we like for $34, while it's $22 at the Ole Store). Lots of vegetarian options and a gluten free menu. Definitely the best restaurant in Northfield and it can certainly compete with anything in the Twin Cities South Metro. So well worth the drive, if you haven't yet tried it.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had lunch here in an old fashioned setting -- former general store. Outstanding food and good service. Will definitely make it a point to eat here again when I'm in the area.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Ole Store is in a comfortable Northfield neighborhood at the foot of a hill crowned by beautiful St Olaf College. The service was fine and the food unique (the selections have improved over the years. My wife and I enjoyed lunch and we both chose the Walleye (me the bigger entre and she the smaller portioned sandwich - although both were very adequate portions). The prices were about right for this type of place. It seems like a lot of the Thursday noon clientlele appeared to be locals and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves with much cheerful conversation which is another indication of a fine place to eat. I would definitely recommend The Ole Store.

1  Thank Bruce A
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff at this restaurant does not know how to make a reservation. I don't know why that's so difficult; two times now, once on our wedding anniversary, they managed to completely screw things up. The chairs are so incredibly uncomfortable it's impossible to enjoy yourself after 30 minutes. While the food is good, it's very uneven. Sometimes the steak is good; other times it's full of gristle. I have given this restaurant plenty of tries. It's the only "fancy" restaurant in town. And no one cares about making your experience a good one.

2  Thank Linda L