All reviews butler's pantry breakfast was delicious front porch sitting room read a book carleton college wrap around porch beautiful bed and breakfast drinks and snacks place to stay homemade cookies a great place to relax quaint town my son the location is perfect comfortable beds olaf college
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2018

Sharon is a wonderful innkeeper and makes your stay a delight. Wonderful breakfasts, great coffee, operating fireplaces make for a cozy stay. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are high end. The butler's pantry is always stocked with water, fruit, snacks, etc. so it feels like home!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Maps622268
Reviewed October 17, 2018

This is the NICEST B&B I have ever stayed at!!! Sharon the Inn keeper is wonderful and makes sure your stay is beyond expectations!
This is by far the best place to stay in Northfield, hands down!
I also liked that I was able to walk downtown to the shops and restraunts/bars, besides being right across the street from Carleton College!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2018

My son is attending St. Olaf college and I plan to visit Northfield regularly. The Northfield Inn was that perfect home away from home. Immediately, the innkeeper, Sharon, made me feel like family, going out of her way to accommodate our every need. When I left, I felt like I'd made a friend! Her attention to detail-- from the delicious food, to the service, to the rooms-- to the lovely garden and front porch-- has me know that I will stay here every time I'm in the area. Just knowing what a warm and elegant welcome I will get upon my next visit, makes me smile with anticipation. Thank you, Northfield Inn!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Sharon is a terrific proprietor. Breakfast was tasty and ready exactly when we said we'd be down for breakfast. The rooms are comfortable. And house is great with lots of indoor and outdoor places to sit and relax, and all right in the middle of town. Perfect.

Room tip: email Sharon and ask - you might wan the largest sunniest room or the one with the neatest bathroom. She will tell you!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2018

The house is in a beautiful location, and is very quiet. The Breakfast and snacks were delicious, and the Innkeeper is very friendly with helpful suggestions about Northfield and surrounding. It was very relaxing, and wished we could have stayed longer. Having the bikes available was a bonus, and a great way to see more of the area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple