“serious overhaul needed!”

Magnuson Hotel and Suites Nisswa
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Nisswa
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We checked in and got room 117 when we got to the room the door was already oppened and the beeds were messed up. I went back to the front desk to get a different room and the front desk said that room should be cleaned it said so on my list. Next room we we got was 208. Seeing it was
Last past 1pm I jumped in the shower. When I was done 8 grabbed a towel witb multiple hairs entangled in it. When I walked out of the bathroo. My girlfriend said we cant stay I asked her why and she said because I could knitt a sweater with all the people and dog hair on the bed.as we were grabing our things I noticed a mark on the bathroom door upon closer examination turns out it was blood or feces from the people for us. Nasty i work for a days inn and i know for a of fact that if the health department came and you probably be shut down also Wyndham to take you off their hotel with what a disgrace to Windham.

DON'T STAY HERE

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Julie was very friendly and helpful! We were able to get early check-in and she gave us adjoining rooms!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Needs quite a lot of TLC the previous owners kind of let it go. The staff was great and very friendly. I had a great nights sleep and bed was very comfortable. The rates are fair while rehabbing needs a lot of minor repairs, that I noticed. For a Days Inn the breakfast could improve which I think from what I saw new equipment that they are working on it. I had a new flat screen TV in my room and the whirlpool in my room was great. I would stay again if in the area with great excitement of the improvements that will be made and the staff seemed to be too. Over all a great time. They also have a nice pool, but we never used it. The front desk let me check in before it was time, which I thought was very nice of them. I have to say the above average rating comes totally from front end staff. I know people whine about smoke smell, but even in non smoking motels people still whine, because people that smoke do not follow the rules. I can think of a lot more things that people do to motels, like wiping off things with new towels that cost the owner. In life some people will always find things wrong if that is what they are about. Enjoy the night and be happy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maudie8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nisswa
Madden's on Gull Lake
#8 of 8 in Baxter
Grand View Lodge
Grand View Lodge
#1 of 7 in Nisswa

Been to Magnuson Hotel and Suites Nisswa? Share your experiences!