“Motel was convenient. Nothing special for amenities or...”

Magnuson Hotel and Suites Nisswa
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Nisswa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nevis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Needs quite a lot of TLC the previous owners kind of let it go. The staff was great and very friendly. I had a great nights sleep and bed was very comfortable. The rates are fair while rehabbing needs a lot of minor repairs, that I noticed. For a Days Inn the breakfast could improve which I think from what I saw new equipment that they are working on it. I had a new flat screen TV in my room and the whirlpool in my room was great. I would stay again if in the area with great excitement of the improvements that will be made and the staff seemed to be too. Over all a great time. They also have a nice pool, but we never used it. The front desk let me check in before it was time, which I thought was very nice of them. I have to say the above average rating comes totally from front end staff. I know people whine about smoke smell, but even in non smoking motels people still whine, because people that smoke do not follow the rules. I can think of a lot more things that people do to motels, like wiping off things with new towels that cost the owner. In life some people will always find things wrong if that is what they are about. Enjoy the night and be happy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maudie8
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Days Inn Nisswa for one night, while spending two days biking on the nearby Paul Bunyan Trail. We paid $64 for a Sunday night stay and got everything we needed. We were looking for an inexpensive hotel with a pool/hot tub and free breakfast. We checked in at about 3:30 PM and had no issues. After completing our biking, we came back to the hotel around 8PM and had the pool area to ourselves. We were also able to bring in our own beverages in aluminum cans. The cable TV had around 50 channels to choose from. In the morning, the breakfast was make-yourself waffles, muffins, toast, bagels, a few pastries, and two choices of cold cereal. Juice, milk, and coffee were also included. Our room also included a refrigerator and a microwave.

For $64 a night, I am not expecting a spotless mansion, a pool grotto, an excellent buffet spread, or a flat-screen television set. I am expecting a clean bed, a clean bathroom, a functional TV, and a clean pool area. I got all of those here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TriggerMN
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Days Inn in Nisswa was the only hotel left near where we were visiting. It needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom! First floor said NO SMOKING and the place wreak of cigarettes!
The employees were very nice, but overworked because they were trying to hire new ones.
I would never recommend this Inn to many people unless you really want to go cheap!

Room Tip: Back rooms or at the end are better!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Nisswa hotels

MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel was cheap in price and cheap in decor, but the room was clean, as was the pool and hot tub. There was a continental breakfast with waffle maker. Comfortable after a long day on the lake, for not much more than a campsite. It is all in ones perspective.

• Stayed July 2013
Woodbury, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Basic hotel, clean, simple breakfast. I needed an inexpensive place for one night on business. The furniture was worn, carpet torn, stains in the sink. The room was clean though and the bed was comfortable. About what I expected for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nisswa
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
#1 of 3 in East Gull Lake
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 2 in Pine River

Been to Magnuson Hotel and Suites Nisswa? Share your experiences!