“Like the staff and location. Very pet friendly. Have stayed...”

Magnuson Hotel and Suites Nisswa
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Nisswa
Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Magnuson Hotel and Suites Nisswa

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Days Inn Nisswa had a friendly staff. Hotel was near every place we needed to be . Enjoyed our stay. Our dog was very content; hotel was quiet. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've drove by here many times and never thought much of the hotel until we tore the cabin down and didn't have a place to stay. I was warned that the management/ownership wasn't the best but for the rate I didn't care. It was Memorial Weekend and I had initially booked 2 nights then wanted to call and changed to one and was told there was a 2 night minimum, fine cancel the reservation, he didn't even try to get me to stay. After my next choice was sold out a few days later I called again to the Days Inn and was told if daysinn.com let you book one night I could do it, of course my AARP rate was since gone and I booked at a higher rate. Once getting to the hotel to check in (a female, thank god) I was told we had 2 reservations. My initial reservation never got canceled, she said she wasn't surprised, this happens often. She was nice enough to give me my first reservation at the cheaper rate and let me stay just one night. She said the pool had just opened up again after "renovations" (I think that meant they attempted to clean it) but there were still a few green spots they hadn't gotten out. The room was fine, the grounds were worse. A little Round Up in the rocks and mow the lawn the place would look better. Too bad this can't be a place for an inexpensive getaway in a normally expensive area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AmyKMinnesota
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I will NEVER recommend this place to any one! I purchased a deal on Deal Chicken for a 2 nt stay for $99. We booked the weekend of my daughters dance competition in Brainerd, MN. (the next city to us) My daughter & I arrived at 10 pm on a Friday evening. Waiting in the lobby for about 10 minutes, rang the buzzer and all. Finally I decided to call them. They hung up right away the first time. The second time when answered, I asked if someone could check me in. (late & tired from the drive there) He gave my daughter & I a king suite, king bed only. I booked a king bed with fold out sofa? Since the manager was sleeping in the bed room when we arrived, I thought I would wait til the next day to say something. It wouldn't have been a problem if my husband wasn't meeting us there the next day. We left very early the next morning so I had no time to contact the front desk. When we returned for the evening after a very long day at competitions. About 10 pm, my husband asked for a roll away for our daughter. They told him no, don't have. Didn't offer to help resolve the problem. We couldn't stay in the room?!? I went to the front desk and he refused to help us. I asked if he even cared, and he said no. The hotel was NOT booked, only 4 cars in the parking lot late at night. So they had other rooms, but it was not what we booked according to him. So we traveled home late at night. Most other hotels were booked, due to the dance competition.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! THERE ARE FAR BETTER PLACES TO STAY!! POOL WAS OUT OF ORDER AS WELL. ROOMS ARE NOT THE BEST, AND I WAS IN THE KING SUITE?!?! Check the beds prior to getting into them. I did, seemed OK. Just the thought that I felt I needed to do it when we walked into the room.

If this wasn't the owner of this hotel, then they need to get a new manager!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nisswa
Madden's on Gull Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area

Been to Magnuson Hotel and Suites Nisswa? Share your experiences!