“So Very Relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Whistle Stop B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New York Mills
Whistle Stop B & B
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“So Very Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed the first night in the Great Northern suite upstairs in the house and the following night in the Viking car. Both the suite and train car were absolutely beautiful and allowed us to totally relax. The breakfast's were excellent and we truly enjoyed visiting with Jann and Lori and other guests. We enjoyed the trains going by and it added to the relaxation. We both slept so soundly and felt totally revived after the weekend. We were able to see the other cars before leaving and we definitely plan on coming back and try the other cars. Each has there own beauty and individuality. Wonderful place

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We really enjoy the ambiance and the hospitality of the Whistle Stop. The music of the trains rolling by with whistle's blaring are part of the nostalgia as far as I am concerned. Once I am asleep, however, I don't hear them. Mary does wake up sometimes to the whistles but falls back to sleep. We always have great stays here and we keep coming back. Jann serves fantastic breakfasts. This place is unique. The staff makes sure we are comfortable as well.

Steve O

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen O
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I needed time away - quiet time - alone time. Got it and so much more. The breakfast was fantastic. The Imperial Coach was out of this world. I have trains in my blood and I loved the ambiance and the "real" train close by just made it that more fantastic. Jann was wonderful and she showed me around the other rail cars. I will return in December for my second trip. Loved it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Whistle Stop is so lovely. We had great service, and our stay was very relaxing.
I suprised my husband for our second anniversary and he definitely was surprised! He couldn't believe we got a whole beautifully restored train car to ourselves. We loved it.

Room Tip: I thought our Palace car was definitely the classiest. They are all beautiful, but I was very happy...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maplewood, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a vey nice stay at the Whistle Stop. Such a unique place to stay!!! The breakfast served to us each morning was amazing and the cars were a delight to stay in. We will have special memories of our stay and will enjoy telling our friends and family about our unique trip. We would love to come back for another visit.

Room Tip: Any room!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Zimmerman, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 40th Anniversary. It is wonderfully private your very own train car to sit, dream about its travel days, and the restoration process is fantastic. Who would have ever thought that you would have a whirlpool in a train car ooooh it was wonderful!!! The breakfast is delicious Jan even took extra time for my husbands glutin-free diet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Everything was ready for us, air on, letter with fun instructions and info, the breakfast was out of this world good!!! And healthy!! Loads of Fruit, fresh baked scones, eggs, sausage, delicious!! Coffee was great!! The train carsa are cozy, comfy, and have everything you need!! Including whirlpool tubs!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Ottertail
Super 8 Perham
Super 8 Perham
#2 of 2 in Perham

Been to Whistle Stop B & B? Share your experiences!