Review Highlights
Love hiking around this park

Hiking and geocaching around the park is fun. I can not name a trail, bring your lunch and have a... read more

Reviewed August 14, 2018
bsnsmn
Saint Paul, Minnesota
One of my favorites!

Reviewed July 30, 2018
AnitaJack
Sartell, Minnesota

All reviews hiking trails swimming pool camping area rustic campground hike sites nature amenities deer fireflies trees concessions teen geocaching wildlife summer ulm
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Hiking and geocaching around the park is fun. I can not name a trail, bring your lunch and have a picnic.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Easily one of the nicest State Parks around. The Swimming Beach is NICE. Our Grandchildren , all 5 and under, enjoyed it. Covered picnic tables are nearby, along with showers, restrooms, and concessions.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

You’ll need a day or yearly pass to get in. I’ve been going there with family & friends since childhood. They have really nice picnic area’s, camping ⛺️ area’s, & a wonderful large sandy beach water area for everyone to swim & lodge area’s for family gatherings, along with hiking trails.
*I personally worked during the summer as a teen, repairing hiking area’s.

2  Thank U9293GJpatriciab
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Have stayed in this park when ever we are going thru the area. Ususally our stay gets extended a day or so, just too many sites in the New Ukm area. The washrooms are clean, the sites are spacious and the park has been nice and quiet when we visit. I wish the park had wifi, even if it were just at the office. It is difficult to travel this day and age without wifi. But... the loval Hyvee has great free WIFI!

1  Thank Kato M
Reviewed September 14, 2017

One of the more beautiful State Parks in any area of the Country, and I have been to all lower 48 States. Something to do for everyone/anyone...if to hike, swim, camp or just sit around in a lawn chair or something... :)

2  Thank Brian N
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Here on a geotour to answer the call of the Wildflowers. While not many Wildflowers are still around I found the hiking paths to be quite enjoyable. I was here early in the morning on a rainy Wednesday afternoon and had the place virtually to myself. I enjoyed walking down my the river and seeing birds and deer. I initially wondered why they would have a "pool" in the park, so close to the natural water access. Then I saw the sign...the sign that warns you that humans have polluted this area. I just have to smh at the disrespect I often find in nature.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

We did the Hiking Club Trail, about 2.5 miles. It is mostly flat with a few step hills. The path is well maintained. We saw rabbits, deer and wild turkeys. There are parts that wind along the river and some nice views from the hills. It starts near the parking lot and the very nice swimming hole. It is a mostly shady hike.

Reviewed August 3, 2017

We camped here for one night. The kids loved the swimming pond, and ALL of the fireflies at night! We stayed in the rustic campground which is a long walk, but short bike ride to the swimming pond. We will definitely return!

1  Thank jacksmack76
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Nicest shower facilities at any park I've been to. Huge trees and lots of deer. Many nice trails to hike. Close access to groceries and amenities of town. Nice sandy bottomed pool. Biggest downside was that the pool closes at 8 pm and no flotation devices were allowed.

2  Thank Sara P
Reviewed June 20, 2017

I always pay a visit to Flandrau no matter the time of year. As a kid I grew up coming to this "swimming hole" and then as a teen sneaking in after hours to swim. It certainly has changed, all for the better.