Open today: Closed

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Wendi M
via mobile
The best vineyard ever

Tucked away in the woods with great food and live music! You cannot beat this for a night out under... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2018
CMH1663
Sleepy Eye, Minnesota

All reviews wine tasting fire pit pizza live music great wine take home sit outside beautiful setting wood fired oven outdoor seating brunch shells friday trio ben ulm marti
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The website is the second best part of this place, the first being the bottle of wine we purchased. If the reason for your visit is just the wine, great. We went for brunch and I think this is misleading. They offer 3 dishes, one being Eggs Benny. Eggs would assume plural, as 2, however, this is not what was served. It is actually a 5 or 6" pizza crust with one poached egg in the center with some cheese, barly there shredded ham, tomato and a chiffonade of basil. It was fine, but certainly not as imagined. I did ask for some silverware and was asked, "um, like a fork? Let me go look." I was given a plastic fork and knife. The staff was very nice. The biggest issue for me was it all felt dirty. The light above us had an inch of dead flies in it. I understand some wineries are rustic, but this seemed unkept and unloved. I would only return for wine and only if I was driving through.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Tucked away in the woods with great food and live music! You cannot beat this for a night out under the stars!

Reviewed July 21, 2018

After thinking about going to Morgan Creek for far too long we finally made it. It's set all by itself in a lovely spot and with the eats and drinks it's a terrific spot to spend some time. We went on Friday and classical German music was featured by the pianist plus a soprano and tenor. The little pizzas were very tasty and the featured wine was also. My wife had a bubbly apple juice that was also great. Now we are set to go again on a Saturday for the jazz. Go! It's fun and there were children in attendance with their parents. Most of the seating is outdoors but under cover. It looked like there was an indoor area also but we did not peek inside since it was a lovely evening. It's a bit off hi way 68 between New Ulm and Mankato. We did not attempt to purchase any wine to take home but surely that must be possible.

1  Thank unclelouie
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Found it in the poring rain! It was a beautiful setting. They serve food; though we didn’t eat it. Cozy, friendly winery. I actually really like a couple of the sweet wines a lot! Worth the trip out of town a few miles.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Just a short ride outside of New Ulm and we'll worth a visit. Bring your appetite for good food and a delightful sampling of diverse and delicious wines. We were treated like family by the owner and staff. We'll be recommending to all of our wine loving friends. Don't miss out!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Prices were reasonable and we purchased two bottles. They were the only two we really liked. The flies around the patio were devastating.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We arrived at about 6:30 pm ordered an oven fried dinner with a bottle of wine listening to the entertainment. The setting was outdoors; eating, listing to the entertainment, and enjoying a little wine. Very nice setting. We, my wife and I, will visit the winery several times per year and have always enjoyed.

Reviewed December 20, 2017

This is a favorite spot for my husband and I. We have been here many times. Quiet and relaxed atmosphere. We love the pizzas and desserts. He enjoys the Shells beers while I go with one of their bottles of wine. Come when the weather is nice, it is a fantastic place to sit outside and unwind!

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after doing the Schell brewery tour-brewery for him, vineyard for me. We were pleasantly surprised by the charm and beauty of this place. The staff was wonderful, the outdoor seating charming and very comfortable- you can be dressed for a nice night out or in jeans and a sweat shirt. We went in the fall and they had a fire going which added to the warmth and ambiance. They had live music, a trio of jazz musicians that were a joy to listen to. We don't normally listen to jazz music but found ourselves tapping along with the beat of the music and staying a lot longer than we intended. The wine was delicious, I purchased several bottles to take home with me.
We will definitely be coming back the next time we're in the New Ulm area.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

This is a nice place with peace and tranquility. However the wines are average at best. Mn wine is an acquired taste and I haven't acquired it yet! Limited food options such as cheese and olives.