“New Ulm Visit - May 30 - June 3, 2013”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New Ulm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I spent 2 miserable nights here. Why miserable? It's because I found out that when I booked through a certain site I would be given the worst room they had. To me the worst room is a smoking room when one is a non-smoker like me. I called in advance to make sure I could get a non-smoking room and was told the same thing. I had been told a non-smoking room opened up on my 2nd day; when the clerk found I had booked through the site she wouldn't allow me to have it. The staff was really nice. They gave me an air purifier that was really loud, but did work for only for an hour before it shut off. All the switches and parts of the walls were sticky with yellow stains from previous occupants. I tried keeping the window open and using an air freshener, but nothing seemed to work that well.(Even though I left in the morning no housekeeping ever came.) I'm sure that if I had been given a non-smoking room my experience would have been a lot more pleasant; I'm puzzled why any place would not go smoke free after seeing all the smoke damage that was done to this room.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book to get one of their non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
MicrotelInn28793, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your most recent stay and our property. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over the room types that guests are placed in when booking on certain online websites. However, I am happy to hear that our staff was able to help as much as possible.
Harlingen
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Somedays we slept late so the room did not get cleaned and I feel an afternoon crew should have made a sweep of rooms not cleaned in the morning. But overall besides the sofa sleepers needing replacements our stay was great!! Thanks for making our vacation memorable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

MicrotelInn28793, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We will take your comments into consideration as far as afternoon housekeeping. We hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Ulm
Best Western Hotel & Restaurant
Super 8 St. James
Super 8 St. James
#1 of 1 in Saint James

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm? Share your experiences!