“wonderful service”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New Ulm
Paynesville, Minnesota
“wonderful service”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I called about rates and vacancies and was greeted with friendly accurate answers. The rate was one of lowest in a 20 mile area. I arrived shortly before 10 pm and received a friendly greeting, despite my paint splattered disheveled appearance. When I attempted to squeeze in a few minutes in the whirlpool before closing, they offered to let me use it as long as I wished, as I looked quiet and would not disturb any guests. Later that night, as I passed through the lobby I was asked if I was in need of a snack and offered anything that was available for the morning breakfast. The room was clean and quiet, comfortably furnished, many nice choices for continental breakfast, and the pool area was fine. I noticed the clerk greeted two fellows checking in after me with the same friendlness. My daughter also stayed here recently and was pleased with her stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
MicrotelInn28793, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your daughter enjoyed her stay aswell. We strive to offer great customer service to all of our guests and make them feel very welcome. We are glad that you were able to use the hot tub and enjoy it. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
LAKE CRYSTAL
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel was clean. The attendant at the desk was more than helpful when I made the reservation. The type of room we needed wasn't online, so she got me the same price and I felt was very good at her job (friendly, helpful, efficient). The pool and hot tub were nice. We used the morning dining area for an eating space with our extended family for an evening meal, which was great. The stairs were even clean! The only negative was that the cleaning staff hurried us on our way on New Year's Day so they could clean and get out of there. We were staying another night, but needed to have them come in. All in all, it was a great value and we'd come back. The kids had a great time too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

MicrotelInn28793, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor about our hotel property. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and noticed the efforts to keep every part of the hotel clean. We are glad that you were able to use the amenities the hotel offers and enjoyed them at the same time. We hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Ulm
Best Western Plus New Ulm
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Mankato _ Conference Center
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Madelia
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sleepy Eye
Best Western Hotel & Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm? Share your experiences!