See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Says hi from Denmark. We were wisiting our daughters host family and they rekommended this hotel nice and heap nice breakfast. Friendly hotel staff. Right in the mittel of New ulm.
The pool was at bit durty but the rooms and beds were very nice.

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Located on the east end of town, past the Walgreens, the decor in this average motel looking place are elegant and spacious, with a full writing table. The host was extremely helpful and very friendly, as are most people in this delightful gem of a town. Very reasonable prices and, unlike other hotels in town, far enough away from the railroad and traffic to not hear them. Take a walk in the tree lined neighborhood for a unwinding, lovely stroll.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Catherine T
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Mold in the shower, bugs flying in the room, smelled pretty bad. No lock on the bathroom door. We didn't even stay. Went back to the office and they gave us a refund, no questions asked. No way I was sleeping there!

Room tip: Just don't stay here.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was hesitant as I pulled up to the Inn, but it was busy and the parking lot was full, so that was a good sign. Check-in was good, casual. I liked that. The place has a nice "Mom and Pop" feel to it. I know they are going through some remodeling (under new management), so I expect to see some good things come from this place in the future. The Owner/manager was very willing to help out and eager to make our stay great. We were visiting on a busy and COLD weekend in New Ulm, extra heaters were added to our rooms. It was a nice touch. I left some belongings in my room at check-out, and the owner called and was willing to send it to me. That was amazing. After all, it was cash... I feel anyone else would have just pocketed the money and walked away. Not at the Inn! I will go back!

Room tip: Ask for a remodeled room, or the dbl queen room. It is big, if you are traveling with a group.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank gustafry
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The website as well as the owner had indicated on a previous visit that he was refurbishing the motel. He may have started but the room we stayed in was so disgusting. It was unbelievable - good thing the sheets were clean and the bathroom fixtures were fine. New Ulm is a very busy town on weekends and were told we would probably not find another motel once we had checked in.
The walls were filthy - I can't imagine the last time they saw a cleaning cloth, much less any paint. Most of the problems could have been solved with a huge bucket of hot water and Lysol.

Room tip: Don't go to this motel unless you look at the rooms first!!!! Wish I'd have taken some pictures - didn't think of it.
Date of stay: November 2013