“Deutsche Strasse B&B Went Beyond Our Expectations”

Deutsche Strasse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 New Ulm B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Gary and Ramona are fabulous and delightful hosts. We felt so welcome the moment we stepped into their home. Our room was lovely and tastefully decorated. All the amenities we needed were available to us and then some. The breakfast was absolutely fabulous and far exceeded what we had expected. We plan on returning to the Deutsche Strasse B&B again and we have already recommended it to our friends.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2009

We had an excellent time at this B&B. The food was great, atmosphere was relaxing and the hosts were very welcoming. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Even if I were not from New Ulm, my wife and I would go for a weekend at this B & B because of the classy and comfortable atmosphere. There are interesting activities in the area, as well.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This is the second time we have stayed at this bed and breakfast. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Food is ample and very good. Hosts are very friendly. Able to walk to restaurants and shops from location.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2009

This is such a pleasant place to stay. We went here to enjoy our 2 1/2 year anniversary and just wanted to get away from the city. We were kindly greeted and enjoyed the Crystal room. They made us feel at home and even offered a glass of wine and chocolates for the evening! We also were given directions to the Schell's Brewery (which you should go to see if you are in New Ulm) as well as a great place to eat (The Kaiserhof restaurant). Plus, they were delightful to talk with over breakfast.

Over all, the couple that owned this place were absolutely darling. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and the downstairs was free to use if you wanted a place to read a book or play a board game. The bed was one of the BEST beds I have slept in...and I have stayed at many hotels, motels etc.!

Enjoy! Thanks Deutsche Strasse!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Though we're very well traveled, this is only our second stay at a B&B. It was excellent experience. The house is in fabulous restored condition. Our room was perfect. High speed internet was good to check emails. Breakfast was also excellent. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 14, 2008

From the time of Gary and Ramona’s warm welcome, to the end of our stay when Gary carried our bags to our car, we felt as if we were part of their family. This was one of my most memorable stays at a B&B in the USA. My room was just what you want from a B&B; no phone, no TV. Wonderfully decorated, clean and quiet. The building itself has an interesting history. The Roman Catholic Church used this to house clergy-in-training. Something you would not expect in a German settled town with a Lutheran seminary.
The brunch was fabulous with great variety. I’m not a big breakfast person, so I skipped lunch that day. They have their own signature coffee, which was so wonderful I took some home with me to enjoy. Whenever I brew it at home, I remember my visit to this special B&B in New Ulm.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Ulm
Best Western Plus New Ulm
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sleepy Eye
Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown
Best Western Hotel & Restaurant
AmericInn Hotel & Suites St. Peter

Been to Deutsche Strasse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!