Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Prague
Reviewed July 24, 2013

When I arrived I received a warm welcome welcome from a staff member. My room was very clean and bed was comfortable. I did experience a plugged toilet. Upon reporting the issue the maintenance man was there within 5 minutes. This is outstanding staff and they should be commended for their service. For breakfast I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. Thanks for making my stay enjoyable an making me feel like i'm at home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Jeremy H, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform me about your visit to our hotel.

I am glad to hear that your clogged toilet was tended to promptly.

Also that your stay was enjoyable and we made you feel right at home.

I'm delighted that you also liked our biscuits and gravy.

Thanks again for your time in reviewing our hotel. If your ever nearby again, I would appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We didn't have reservations, but were lucky to get 3 rooms for our group. The couple checking us in were very pleasant and personable. They even gave us all a great discount and coupons for Pizza Ranch close by. The rooms were spacious, clean and cool (the ac was on which we all appreciated!) with refridgerator, microwave, hair dryer and sleep timer on tv remote (all things we look for) with complimentary bottled water in our rooms. Continental breakfast too. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to friends!

Room Tip: We did not use the room service, but when checking in, the gentleman told us if we need anything, pl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jean S
Jeremy H, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your visit to our hotel. I am glad we were able accommodate you with 3 rooms.

I'm also pleased to hear that your rooms were met to your expectations and that you were thrilled with the special offers that you received.

I'm glad that you enjoyed our perks, including our continental breakfast and complimentary water in the room.

Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel. If your ever in the area again we would be more than happy to accommodate you again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent 8 nights at this hotel in July, 2013. The room was a clean and comfortable place to stay. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel in general was clean and quiet. The continental breakfast was satisfactory and as expected.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rjs1011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that your 8 night stay was comfortable for you. Also glad to hear it was clean and that you enjoyed our continental breakfast

I certainly appreciate your feedback and if your in town again, we will be glad to welcome you back with open arms.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

(Mon)My family and I stayed at the hotel after we had to be out of our home for a short time. When we called to ask if their was a room available, we were told that only their biggest king suite was available for that night but their normal king room should be available the next night. We needed a hotel room for that night, so we took it in hopes we would be getting the cheaper room the next night. When we checked in and paid for the first night, I asked the front desk lady about the cheaper, normal, king suite being available for the next day. She told me that the room was not available at all and never was going to be.

(Tues)The next morning I went down to the desk and asked about the room availability for that night. The front desk person was different and she looked up the room to say,"the room was available tonight like it was every night.". I was completely annoyed as I felt the hotel was pulling a fast one on me by forcing us in a room that was even more expensive when their hotel was completely empty other then one or two people. We had two kids sleeping away from home in a hotel room, which one included a baby with tons of set-up for a room, so through my annoyance, I just decided we would still stay and I booked the cheaper room for the night. I asked her how much the total was, assuming I would be paying, which she said not to worry and just pay in the morning.

(Wed)The next morning, I went down to the front desk where I stood and waited while no one came. I could see some employees standing straight out the front door from me smoking but no one was coming. I hit the bell they had, but still no one came. I stood there for well over 5 minutes before I got irritated and left. A hour later, I came back down and informed(the now present) front desk employee that it would be day by day for us staying, as we did not know when they would get done at our house. I asked if the room was still available to do so, which she said yes. I had brought my wallet down to pay for the previous night but when I asked her if I could pay, she told me to wait to pay for now. I told her that even though we had a card to hold the room, we wanted to stick to cash to pay for the hotel stay(like we had done when we paid the first night we checked in) Later that day. my husband went to bring our 6 year old down to the pool. When they got down there, they came right back up to ask me if I agree our son should not swim down in their pool. I went down there with my husband to find a pool with algae growing in it, tile with horrible hard water built up on it, and just an overall dirtiness to the pool. A janitor/maintenance man came in while we were standing in there and I asked him how long it had been since they cleaned their pool. He said that they clean it every day but the color stuff in the pool was just from the water, nothing else. Growing up with a pool in my backyard, I know what algae in a chlorine pool looks like and it was not the water in New Prague causing that.

(Thursday) The next morning I went to the front desk and saw no one. I looked around to see if they were smoking outside again, as I was going to loose it, but I saw no one. I waited a few minutes after dinging their bell quite a few times loudly but no one came, so I gave up on getting any towels. We had called the front desk the previous night a couple of times to ask if they could bring towels at some point but they never answered any of the times, so this made me even more irritated. Later in the afternoon, I went down to the front desk (with my wallet), I found a front desk person there with the owner, I let them know I was here earlier for towels and no one was anywhere. The owner didn't say anything but the employee said sorry, what do you need? I told them I wanted to make sure and pay our bill. We would be leaving in the morning and I wanted to take care of it tonight since I did not want our card charged. The employee went to look up the information when the owner said what bill, what room. The employee showed them and they said yes, pay it. I asked how much it was which they then looked confused at some papers in front of them. After standing there with no answer, I asked if there was an issue and reminded them how many nights at what price I was told the room was priced at. The owner said, never mind, just pay in the morning. I told him I wanted to pay cash and did not want my card charged so I would prefer to just take care of it all now. He said no, later, not now. I said fine, but do not charge my card. I will take care of it the next day. I went to walk away when the owner stopped me to say, never mind pay now. I asked what was the total with tax, and after standing there for a minute(again), he said wait, never mind. Pay tomorrow, its okay. I walked away and half way down the hall when I heard the owner go to call me again but stop. I turned around and said I would rather pay it. He said never mind that, don't pay, and I walked away.

(Friday)The next morning, I was packing the car to leave while pulling up my card info on my cellphone. I looked at it to find that the hotel was trying to pull our room charges the night before on our credit card and were pulling the wrong prices altogether. Thankfully I had moved everything but a little from the account, so their pull held funds from me using at the time but they did not get their incorrect charge. They were trying to charge the credit card that I specifically told them, I have cash and am ready to pay whenever, you just have to tell me the price. I was steamed and walked in the hotel, down the hall, and got close to the front desk to notice, no one was there again! Like every morning. I thought fine, I do not have time for this, as my husband was at work that day and I had to drive to the next city for my son to get to school by 830. I left our keys and a note on the dresser by the tv saying "When you get the charges right for the room, call me and I will come pay the correct amount. I am not waiting around for your front desk people to show up once again" I got the last of our stuff and left. I got charges over the next couple of hours on my card of all different amounts but none of them were or added up to the right price. In the end, they called the cops on me and said I was a theif from their hotel. I tried to contact the owner, as the cop had helped me by letting him know I was going to call him. All I was given was the same number to the front desk. The front desk that does not answer half the time, and when they do, they would say "he is not here, he doesn't have hours, we don't know when he will be here, I will write a note and stick it on the back desk". I never got a call back from the owner. I am now going to court to fight theft charges on this hotel when I have never had anything past a speeding ticket before. They say I stole when I tried to pay so much, and in the end, they are over charging me by charging me for all the nights we stayed, including our first night we paid when we checked in, and that is not right.

I could add so much about the drape and carpet cleaners all over where we couldn't walk in and out of the front area a times, the mattresses they were switching in the rooms that blocked hall ways, the wifi that was down then broken then had the name change but no one told us so we had no internet to use, their "professional work station" that was truly a broken computer, printer and fax machine, plus more. I feel this is enough for people to sense how this hotel is.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sarah43325
Jeremy H, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

My apologies for all the problems you had experienced during your visit to our hotel.

Since your visit in May 2012, there has been many changes. One of the changes is converting to a new brand name. We went from Americinn to Lexington during the month of May. Although this was not an easy process for us, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Another change that happened was new staff and management.There has been a lot of training and it continues on a regular basis to improve our service as well as the guests needs.

Overall the changes improved the hotel along with the staff and our number one goal which is you the guest and providing outstanding customer service that goes above and beyond your standards.

Again I am very sorry for your experience. I ask that if your in town again, to give us another try; so you can see our improvements and changes.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I rented the pool area for my son's birthday party. When I initially called I was told I could have up to 40 people for the price of 175.00. I was told this price included 2 med pizzas. The man(Dan) I spoke with also told me that I could pay the day of the party. I did not feel good about not putting any money down so I called and spoke to another man (didn't give his name but stated he was te manager)who stated that it was good that I called because $50 was needed to hold the reservation.
The day of the party the check in person, Heather, was very friendly and helpful. I had to sign a waiver and on the waiver she told me that I could have up to 11 kids and anything over 11 kids, it would cost $5 dollars extra. Luckly this was not enforced because I would have seriously complained considering I had paid $175 already. (three hour max) The pool water was freezing! The room that we used for the actual party was initally cold also. We shut the main door and cranked up the heat for the kids. The hot tub was broken which was not that big of a deal since most of the parents did not swim. The pool area was clean and so was the banquet area. The area where the kids changed was not so clean. It needed a good scrub down. I would not have went in without shoes or flip-flops. I will not rent the pool area again. The only reason I chose this motel is because it is located in town and I was concerned the kids wouldn't show if we had it in another city. It was not worth the $175 price tag. I would recommend driving to Lakeville and staying at the Holiday Inn,which has a very nice pool area for kids of all ages.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lahianagirl01
Jeremy H, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting your feed back on your visit to the hotel. I am sorry that your visit was not satisfactory.
I am very sorry that the pool water was freezing for the swimmers. The front desk should have checked the temperature before you arrived to ensure it was warm enough.
Also I am sorry that when you walked into the hospitality room it was freezing. This should have been warmed up ahead time for you.
Finally I’m sorry that the changing area was unappealing to you. This should have been cleaned.
I am glad to hear our staff member Heather was friendly and helpful to you. Since your visit we have raised the temperature of he pool and gave the changing room a scrub down.
Again I am very sorry for all the problems you experienced during your visit and ask that you give us another try, so you can truly see the changing area is clean and that the pool water is at a more comfortable temperature.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

In town for gymnastics tournament. Stayed with wife and young daughters.
The staff are very nice.
There's a mildew smell on the first floor and in the room. Carpet Fresh doesn't cover the smell.
Noticed a few mold spots in the bathroom.
The hot tub was not working, which is one main reason for staying in a hotel in the winter. Very disappointing.
The pool water was very cold, therefore, the kids didn't enjoy swimming.
The heater in the room kicked very hot air despite turned to low heat and low temperature. Turned it off.
These seem like small complaints, and they are, but they combine to create a bad experience.

Room Tip: There's no smell on the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback for your stay. I am very sorry for the problems you had encountered.
I am sorry for the mildew smell on first floor and for the same smell in your room. Also for the heater blowing heat that was way too hot. The front desk should have moved you to a different that was more comfortable for you.
I’m sorry that your kids found the pool water freezing. The water temperature should have been checked prior to your arrival and then the temperature turned up.
Finally my apologies for the hot tub working, this should have been fixed and working by the time you and your family wanted to use it.
Since your visit, we have raised the temperature on the pool, fixed the hot tub to working order, and started the removal of mold from your room and first floor.

Again I am very sorry for your bad experience. I ask that when your tournament comes back to town, you’ll still stay with us; so you can see the improvements and changes to the hotel.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We came to New Prague for a funeral and this is the only choice for a hotel in the area so we decided to give it a try even though we have never stayed at a Lexington before and after our experience, we will never stay there again. Trust me, driving a distance from another hotel will definitely be a better option for you! My wife is in a wheel chair and when I made our reservation I specifically requested a handicap accessible room and if not possible, please have us on the first floor and was told this was not a problem. Upon check in, they had us on the second floor and there was no elevator and the woman at the desk didn't seem to comprehend that getting a person in a wheel chair to a 2nd floor without an elevator (my wife is 76) was not possible for me or her. With a lot of hesitation and not being very friendly, we were given the option of 1 room left on the first floor and it was small and not at wheel chair accessible and to top it off---it was terribly unclean and the housekeeping staff completely forgot to clean the bathroom from the previous guests (This is all I can think of that happened unless leaving used soap in the shower, excrement in the toilet bowl and a dirty sink is house the housekeepers regularly clean the rooms). The beds were uncomfortable and did not smell clean and guests all around us were noisy at night and to top it off, we received a wake up call at 5:00 AM when we never even requested one. The breakfast area in the morning was not accomodating to my wife and at check out we were billed a much higher rate than our original reservation. Too many problems for such a simple reservation and no attempt from the staff to help resolve any issues. Never received a call or written letter addressing the concerns I wrote to this hotel about with a traditional letter and now I guess I have to use a computer! Not what we needed on top of a funeral!

Room Tip: No elevator and poor treatment for those with a handicap!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Raymond S
Jeremy H, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your visit was unpleasant.

I’m sorry that a handicapped room on the first floor was provided to you upon check in. This should have been given to you as this is what you reserved.

I am sorry that the room was small in size. The front desk should have given you a larger room that would accommodate a wheelchair.

My apologies that you found your bathroom dirty. This should have been cleaned.

Also I’m sorry that there was too much noise and that you received an unrequested wake up call. The front desk should have controlled the noise level and double checked the wake up calls to ensure they were done properly.

I am sorry that your bill was higher from the original. This should have been adjusted.

Finally I am sorry management has not responded to letter in writing or with a return phone call. This should have been done so your issues could be resolved.

Since your stay there has been a change in management. The staff has received more training on paying attention to details of reservations. This training continues on a daily basis. If your billing was not corrected, please contact the hotel for a correction and ask for the manager.

Thanks again for your feedback. Again I am very sorry for poor service that we provided you. If you’re in town again, I ask that you give us another try; so you can see the improvement of our service.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!