“The Cure for Generic Breakfasts”
Review of Fat Nat's Eggs

Fat Nat's Eggs
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in New Hope
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The Cure for Generic Breakfasts”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Years ago, a local newspaper review of Fat Nat's Egg's called it "the anti-Perkin's you wish would open in your neighborhood". That's about right - I eat at Perkin's sometimes and it has its place, but Fat Nat's has some of the same menu items like omelettes, pancakes and sandwiches, but at Fat Nat's they'll have fresher ingredients as well as a distinctive preparation, taste and flair that makes them delectable and unique.

Fat Nat's has homemade salsas, some great guacamole, and my favorites the chorizo and carnitas. The carnitas-laden Huevos Rancheros was named a Top 10 dish of the year by the St Paul Pioneer Press a few years ago. The items are large, so bring your appetite or take some of this fresh food home. My recommendation ... the Fat Nat's Omelette, Hash Browns with added onions, and a liberal dose of the hot sauces stationed at every table. Then, a workout (or maybe a nap then a workout :-)!

The staff have real personalities too - which makes the experience special. Now, every review should point out an opportunity for improvement ... I think the food, staff and style are excellent, but the coffee is classic diner coffee, and that's not a compliment. You'll disagree with me if you like Dunkin' Donuts coffee (and many people do, live and let live I say).

That said, this place is one of the best breakfast in the Twin Cities. Enjoy!

PS. They are open early and close after lunch (2ish). There is a new (Fall 2012) third location at St. Anthony Village that i have not tried.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Shakopee, Minnesota
“Very Good to Awesome”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

>Tried this place for the first time. It was a Saturday morning... we got there at 6:15am, 15 min after they opened, and the place was already getting busy.
>I got a "Mike's" omelet... it was huge, even though it was only 3 eggs -- filled with ham, cheese, and "American fries".
>Their American fries are little red potatoes cut into wedges & seasoned.
>Had choice of toast or pancake -- I went with the pancake -- it came out on a regular size dinner plate, and was hanging over the edges.
>Most of their breakfast specialties are hot/Mexican type dishes -- nice thing is they put hot sauces on the side, so you can take as much (or as little) as you can handle.
>My friend got one of those -- he thought it was awesome.
>They also have plain/usual breakfast items - eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc. And the prices are reasonable, especially for portion sizes you get.
>The only down side for when we were there, was until the rest of the morning help came in, the service was a little slow... the waitress was very nice, explained everything... she just had a lot of customers she had deal with initially.
***Open M-F 5am-1pm, SS 6am-2pm.***
> Lunch menu was similar to the breakfast... some fancy combinations, but also some basic burgers, ham sandwiches, etc.
*** Very good to awesome.. we're planning on making this a routine about once per month after work ***

• Visited October 2012
Chetek
“Best place for breakfast in the area!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great breakfasts with unique offerings. Homemade red salsa, green chili sauce, chorizo and carnitas. When they ask if you like things hot, they really mean it. Everything was fresh and the staff was great!

• Visited July 2012
Blue Springs, Missouri
“I love greasy spoons!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

On a short vacation, I used my trusty smartphone to find a breakfast place. Many came up but this name caught my eye. When I opened the website and noticed that they made several variations of eggs benedict I knew I was going.

This was a store front restaurant that was not hard to find. ( GPS ) The service was very good as well as the food. I would definitely frequent this place on my next visits.

• Visited July 2012
Bloomington, MN
“If you love real New Mexico Green”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our daughter brought us here for Fathers day breakfast and OMG, when I read New Mexico green chili I was pretty suspicious, as no one in Minnesota has real authentic New Mexico Green chili. My hubby true to form ordered the huevos ranchero with Carnitas, it had lots of green chili and he was a happy man, not only was it loaded with Carnitas, it had green chili mixed in it. if you love flavorful chili with your eggs this is the one to get, I on the other hand had the eggs, bacon, avocado and the avocado was mixed with green chili...yummy The staff was very friendly and they even have an employee walking around making sure your cup of coffee is always filled to the brim. we really loved this place and are happy to find authentic New mexico green chili, we will be back

• Visited June 2012