“Horrible!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mountain Iron
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on saturday Feb 28th, while the hotel is beautiful the train noise was not!!! It went passed our window every hour and half blowing the whistle. We were not for warned at all, when I spoke to the assistant manager she gave us 20 bucks off-not acceptable, we had to work the next morning and needed to sleep - amenaties are great but we didn't stay there for those.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if they have one.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
JimMakowsky, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Good Afternoon Cheryl C.,

We understand and appreciate your comments regarding the disruptions caused by the heavy train traffic during your stay. Although this is something out of our control, we will continue to work to improve the situation with our local and state officials. Thank you for giving us a try!

If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to give me a call me directly at the property,

- Jim

Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you want to sleep at night, not a good place. I wasn't warned about the train noise before making the reservation. Stayed on a Saturday night and the parents and kids (possibly hockey) were extremely noisy past midnight; running up and down the hall and stairs and the parents in the bar laughing very loudly. We had a suite, which is one of the most expensive rooms at the top of the stairway like a loft above the hotel entry, kitchen area and social area. So all the lobby and eating area and bar area noise travels up to these rooms that are not part of a hallway, but like a loft.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
JimMakowsky, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Good Morning Janet V.,

I apologize for the disruptions during your stay! Please contact me directly through the hotel and I would be happy to resolve this for you! Guest satisfaction is a high priority for us and we appreciate your time in giving us the feedback!

Looking forward to hearing from you! -Jim

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We needed to stay in a smoking room which was the only one available. It was okay in terms of the smoke smell. We had reserved a king suite with sleeper sofa. The room we were given did not have the sleeper sofa. They did give us a roll away bed which was okay. Internet was okay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Good Morning Michael G.,

Recently, we have been making improvements to both our property; with new furniture and to our website. We did miss the change in furniture to our room descriptions on the website, thank you for brining this to our attention, our apologies!

Jim Makowsky, General Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the American Inn in Mt. Iron last Fri night. We has a wonderful time. The kids had a great time in the pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is the best in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
JimMakowsky, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Good Morning Angie D,

We are glad you and your family had a wonderful visit, we look forward to seeing you again!

Have a great day!

Sincerely, Jim Makowsky, General Manager.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Needed a last minute reservation, was able to book online.
Friendly staff, clean room.
Pool was closed ;(. Not warning about that during booking. cold improve that.
Otherwise good experience. Would book it again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
JimMakowsky, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Good Afternoon Berenice S,

Thank you for your kind remarks! I understand your comments regarding our pool, it is very frustrating to us as we are at the mercy of the pool contractor. The pool is area is currently open, however, it can be day to day during construction. We plan to have our remodeling done in this area very shortly!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Sincerely, Jim Makowsky, General Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and in several states and a few other countries, but dollar for dollar, I would rate this hotel #1 over all of them. Sure, you can pay a lot more at some of your high class hotels and maybe get a little more, but this AmericInn is right up there with them at a lower rate per night. The place was simply beautiful. All of the staff that I talked to from desk to the excellent housekeepers were so very friendly and welcomed my family with open arms. Yes, I know that is their job but let me tell you, they are very good at their jobs and deserve a lot of credit for a job well done. Our room was as clean as could be, the entire hotel as far as I could tell, was very clean. The breakfast area was clean and they had a very good breakfast. Coffee pots were kept full with good tasting coffee. They had a small but nice little bar. The desk person at check in and also at check out was very friendly, polite, but still professional. I was very impressed with our over all stay and everyone who works there. You will be very impressed when you walk in the front door. Beautiful wood furniture and stuffed bears in the rafters. Kids will love it, but I am 66 years old and I was very impressed with the décor. REALLY! I most definitely recommend this AmericInn. You won't be sorry, believe me.

Room Tip: If I had to say anything negative, it would only be that there train tracks near by. I believe two p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
JimMakowsky, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Good Afternoon Papa Penn,

I feel very lucky to have the staff I do! Thank you for your kind remarks!

Jim Makowsky,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stay here whenever I come to the range and know that you can stay on the front side of hotel and the noise is not as bad. The hotel does not sit between 2 tracks but there are tracks on the back side. I live right next to railroad tracks in Elk River, MN and the trains are music to my ears although it does help I can't hear out of 1.

Room Tip: They don't have an elevator so remember to ask for 1st floor if stairs bother you
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Patty H

Good Afternoon Patty H.

Your kind remarks are much appreciated! You are correct as well when you state the property is not located between two train tracks. However, there is some random train traffic nearby and depending on your perspective it can be relaxing.

We look forward to seeing you again and if your room is on the second floor, our staff would be happy to carry your luggage to your room.

Jim Makowsky,

#1 of 2 in Eveleth
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia? Share your experiences!