“Awesome!!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mountain Iron
virginia mn
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Americinn in Virginia is totally amazing place to stay. While the rates are slightly higher you get alot for your dollar at this place.Management and staff are attentive, curtious and professional. The rooms are very very clean and well kept up. The "extras" are a pleasant surprise. They have a full breakfast bar every morning which includes, eggs, sausage, hasbrowns, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast and coffee, juice, milk. Best hotel breakfast bar i have every seen. In the afternoon they provide a plate of cookies for snacking and in the evening a soup of the day comes out. There is a small pub in the lobby that serves two for one beer and wine coolers, a swimming pool and fully stocked vending machines. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in in a long time.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel is quietier
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JimMakowsky, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Good Morning Margo B,

We are so happy you had an AWESOME experience as our guest!

Please feel free to stop by anytime!

Thank you!
Jim Makowsky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Brooklyn Park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I checked in late on Tuesday, April 30th. Check-in was quick and accurate. The room was clean and comfortable. I was concerned about the train noise based on previous reviews, and it was noticeable, but not so much that I had to use the ear plugs that were provided. I recommend requesting a room at the front of the hotel if you are concerned about a good night's sleep. Check-out was painless as well. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay again the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Request a room in front if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Edina, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was very impressed with the hotel. I haven't stayed in many AmericInn Lodges, but this one may change me to frequent customer of this chain of hotels. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very nice sized. One of the most comfortable beds I have slept in at a hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Maybe a good measure of a hotel is how they react when things go wrong. We booked online, but a few days later got a call from this hotel that the room the national reservation system said was available was actually sold out. They were very apologetic and promised to accommodate us in a way that would work to keep our business. I was skeptical, but as rooms were scarce for this holiday weekend, I accepted their arrangement. I wound up being more than satisfied with the solution and it was great to have everything work so smoothly after the initial annoyance. They were polite and proactive - hard to find customer service like this these days. This is a standard Americinn in layout, but all their touches made it seem special. Very good, friendly staff. Good breakfast, nice lobby to hang out in, a pool, sauna and spa, even a small bar. Room was spacious, clean, comfortable and well appointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front - away from the train tracks. Trains do run at night and blow their...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

The north woods feeling of the lobby was delightful and a great place for both late-night pizza near the fireplace and the hearty complimentary breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful (so much so that my 19-year-old son commented twice!). We've stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and this is the first time someone from the front desk has called the room within five minutes of our arrival to make sure everything was fine. (It was!) My son enjoyed the pool and, particularly, the adult-only swim time late night. The trains (mentioned by some reviewers as an annoyance) were a wonderful addition to the experience; we found the occasional dull rumble and very muffled horn to be charming while awake and a complete nonissue while asleep. The entire property was extremely well kept and the beds were very comfortable!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the back/train side. On a next visit, I would definitely ask for a room further down the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JimMakowsky, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear loander1,

Thank you for your kind remarks!

I am glad you enjoyed your late night pizza and our great breakfast the next day! We are continually adding to our breakfast and trying new things, I am glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Jim Makowsky,
Mendota, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just letting people know how friendly & helpful employees are whenever I stay here.I always have a nice stay , rooms are always kept up & clean.When warmer weather comes It will be a nice place to go for a long weekend to get away on motorcycle ride.It will be nice sit back and visit .

Room Tip: Travelers will be very satisfied.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Virginia, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed at Americinn for 6 weeks due to our house flooding and I was horrified thinking I had to spend the Holiday season in a hotel. I called Americinn and they took care of EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. I never lifted a finger and wanted for a thing. The staff was fabulous and treated us like part of the clan. I couldnt have asked for a better outcome. And the best part is that they are animal friendly which was a HUGE relief for me. my son likes it there so much he wants to live there. Who really can blame him...our rooms are cleaned daily and breakfast is ready to go and the staff is the best of the best! Thank you ALL for going above and beyond for us it was greatly appreciated!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Eveleth
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia? Share your experiences!